Newbie Programmer

Hello and thank you for your responce,

I would like a code example ride in the text car in the new editor.

So a first person view, also what ever models i load into the Editor show up in the complied version.

Just show a code exmaple to do this please to get my started with the new engine.

THank you,

Leroy

which code are you looking for?

I actually ment which coding language are you going to use?

You can either watch the C++ tutorials which start from the ground on up. There are also several Blitzmax and Lua tutorials.

The editor comes with a First person and a driver script. However I do not recommend learning coding by looking at those scripts. They are to big for some one new to completely understand how they work.

Hello,

Thanks for your responce,

I did do all the tutorials Josh had to offer in the old engine. Also looked at them again today.

Also i am using C++VS2008 express to answer your quesiton. Also do you have a code example of

first person shooter getting in to a car or truck i could see and learn from?

ALso is there any tutorials on modeling a car and rigging it to work in Leadwerks?

Thank you,

Leroy

'

I actually ment which coding language are you going to use?

You can either watch the C++ tutorials which start from the ground on up. There are also several Blitzmax and Lua tutorials.

The editor comes with a First person and a driver script. However I do not recommend learning coding by looking at those scripts. They are to big for some one new to completely understand how they work.

I don't have a fps script that lets you step in to a car.

This topic explains what you need to model for example.

http://leadwerks.com/werkspace/index.php?/topic/1721-creating-a-vehicle-whit-lua/page__p__15764__hl__vehicle__fromsearch__1entry15764

Just make your car and for every tire you place a bone or pivot. Every single tire has to be exported as a single mesh. You could use the Lua script in conjunction with Lua.

Also these topics might be interesting.

http://leadwerks.com/werkspace/index.php?/topic/881-vehicle-monstertruck-lua-tireorder/page__p__7793entry7793

http://leadwerks.com/werkspace/index.php?/topic/1020-vehicle-implementation/page__p__9259entry9259