Camera don't render on texture in STANDALONE version

Russell

In my game i created a "security camera" here:

Camera.thumb.jpg.971591b9561f85bc198be54b23d1dcd0.jpg

Renderized on AQUA texture i've created.

All works ok when i RUN THE MAP from Leadwerks:

Running.thumb.jpg.71675f40d46dc9b2312bfc94cc485c20.jpg

Camera runs ok, and it shows all movements in that area...

But, when i PUBLISH STANDALONE version to make a full TEST outside the engine, the image of the camera doesn't appear on the screen. Like this:

StandaloneRun.thumb.jpg.4dc3ce2932082f271a413567bffcd30c.jpg

Anyone knows why is this??

I have searched hire in the forums and Google, but i can't find a solution to my problem

Thank you very much!!

1 hour ago, gamecreator said:

Are you loading a texture that's maybe not in the exported datafile?  Have you checked to make sure all your textures/etc. load successfully?

Yes, i've checked it and the texture is fully loaded in the exported Standalone version (inside the encripted Zip file generated by Leadwerks on the export).

You can see it in the screenshot i've attached. Is that AQUA texture that appears in the Screenshots.

10 minutes ago, Marcousik said:

This is an upsetting bug I think, but there was a big work done with a second camera used for the minimap creation.. Did Macklabee the script?..sorry not sure but we/somebody should try to export a map including the minimap to see if the same problem appears. 

Thanks for your answer Marcousik.

I don't use any script for my camera. I only put the CAMERA entity focusing an area. I use the option RENDER TARGET selecting my texture like this:

Cameraopciones.jpg.a83ea1b2372d418a49100a6ea0b82c69.jpg

camaratexturarender.tex is my AQUA texture for receive the images from camera. But I don't use any script for this...

So... At this moment this option is bugged on Leadwerks exporting the STANDALONE version???

I will read the thread you give me with the info of the minimap of Macklebee for take any idea to solve my problem.

But at this moment I think i will take 3-6 pictures with timers to simulate the camera effect i need. I only want to show the Portal Vortex appearing before the full activation.

As a i said, running my game from Leadwerks the camera works OK and render image on my texture. This is what we should view in the STANDALONE version:

If anyone has another idea with this, it will be welcome.☺️

4 hours ago, Josh said:

I would need to see your project files so I can try it myself. Can you upload it somewhere?

Josh here the download with an example of my problem (or leadwerks bug).

DOWNLOAD CAMERA TEST

Inside you have 2 folders.

1. The project with the camera and the texture target for the render. From Leadwerks works OK.
  2. The Standalone publish of the project. Texture appears AQUA without camera render.

As I said in this thread, i don't use any script for the Camera. Only Leadwerks functionality. I don't know if i need something more, or is a Leadwerks bug at this moment...

Thank for your help. ☺️

• 2 weeks later...

@Josh have you downloaded the camera test files or been able to try to see if there is any solution to this bug on the Standalone version?

I am thinking to simulate the screen with 3-5 frames of the location showed with timers to obtain the camera effect i need like a temporary patch.

Is it a confirmed bug from Leadwerks? Or is it that I am doing something wrong?

Many thanks!! ☺️