Help please!! EXE of STANDLONE PUBLISH doesn't work...SOLVED (Size of DATA.ZIP bigger than expected)

Russell

Go to solution Solved by Josh,

32 minutes ago, Josh said:

There is something else you can try.

There is a secret setting you can add to the Leadwerks config file found at "Documents/Leadwerks/Leadwerks.cfg"

"maxpublishzipsize" is the maximum zip file size, in bytes. Try adding that key in with a value of maybe 268435456. Then start Leadwerks and publish again, and it will create multiple zip files.

JOOSSSHHH!!!!!!!!!!

14ZIPS.thumb.jpg.32ce5d1a2c3bab12280849979e6e4b97.jpg

WITH THE DATA.ZIP TWICED with the number you give...

MY PROJECT WORKS AGAIN!!!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE!!!!

I will make a VÍDEO to show you!!!!

Again i say something i said before!!!

I love you man!!!! I will build a House in "The Gran Vía"!!

I will make the vídeo recording the problem with DATA.ZIP bigger than 1.8 gigas...

40 minutes ago, Josh said:

There is a secret setting you can add to the Leadwerks config file found at "Documents/Leadwerks/Leadwerks.cfg"

"maxpublishzipsize" is the maximum zip file size, in bytes. Try adding that key in with a value of maybe 268435456. Then start Leadwerks and publish again, and it will create multiple zip files.

Josh, can i make a video (for the forum) explaining my problem, and how your help with the secret setting spliting data.zip files solve the problem???

Hahahahaha, is funny!! The EXE doesn't work with the original DATA.ZIP(1,8 gigs).

But if i try it with the 15 files data.zip created with the change on the CFG (87 mb - 180 mb per file) the EXE works OK!!!

Anyway, i will work in a new BLANK PROJECT and move ONLY the files i need to it. 43 gigs of project is not a good number.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Russell said:

Josh, can i make a video (for the forum) explaining my problem, and how your help with the secret setting spliting data.zip files solve the problem???

Hahahahaha, is funny!! The EXE doesn't work with the original DATA.ZIP(1,8 gigs).

But if i try it with the 15 files data.zip created with the change on the CFG (87 mb - 180 mb per file) the EXE works OK!!!

Anyway, i will work in a new BLANK PROJECT and move ONLY the files i need to it. 43 gigs of project is not a good number.

@Josh , has anyone else ever had a data.zip with size larger of 2 gigabyte before??
Has anyone else had this problem or similar with large file datas??

11 minutes ago, Marcousik said:

How now was exactly the solution for this ?

Could somebody maybe simply sum up ? thx

The solution by Josh works for me. Now instead of having a single 2 gigabyte file, I have several smaller files with the same content as the single file.

This is the solution given by Josh. (I have pushed it at the beginning of the thread for rest of the users if anyone has the same problem):

6 hours ago, Josh said:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1