Total Newb Questions

DoomTucan

Yes im a total newb when its comes to video game programming and design..My questions are..

1.. What is the best tutorial on going about learning the LUA programming language for use of this engine? Please provide links

2.. Can i make an ARPG game like Diablo 2 and diablo 3(NOT CLONES) using this engine and LUA scripting?

3 I have heard that the community for this forum is very toxic to new comers and was wondering if that is true or not? 

any help will be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks all who help!

https://www.leadwerks.com/learn?page=Tutorials_Lua-Scripting

26 minutes ago, DoomTucan said:

Yes im a total newb when its comes to video game programming and design..My questions are..

1.. What is the best tutorial on going about learning the LUA programming language for use of this engine? Please provide links

2.. Can i make an ARPG game like Diablo 2 and diablo 3(NOT CLONES) using this engine and LUA scripting?

3 I have heard that the community for this forum is very toxic to new comers and was wondering if that is true or not? 

any help will be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks all who help!

1. Lua tutorials here:
https://www.leadwerks.com/learn?page=Tutorials_Lua-Scripting

2. Yes!

3. Sorry you have heard that. I've actually only heard very good things about our forum here. Don't know what to say about that.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

9 hours ago, DoomTucan said:

I have heard that the community for this forum is very toxic to new comers and was wondering if that is true or not?

As someone who has been on these forums for years (since Leadwerks 2), I don't remember ever seeing this.  But check out the forums if you want to verify for yourself.  There have been thousands of questions and people help when they can, or sometimes the dev (Josh) does himself, like he did here.

Just now, DoomTucan said:

Thanks all for the information...also can i create models in this program or do i have to use like blender and learn that program?

You can create levels with the CSG tools but to create models you will need a modeling program (Blender is one option).

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.