Editor mouse/painting lag

TwoCatsYelling

Go to solution Solved by TwoCatsYelling,

Hello,

So, I've posted about this before, and there really wasn't a solution reached for it. What's weird is, I'm on much better hardware now than I was back then, and the issue has gotten worse. It's a funny kind of inverse issue... the more power I have to run it, the worse it runs lol. 

Maybe I'll go back to my 8350 and GTX 970? It ran fine on that lol

Anyway, when ever I'm looking around with the mouse in the 3D view, and/or trying to sculpt terrain, there's a persistent lag that occurs. It happens even if I have all quality turned down as far as it will go in the options.

I recorded a short vid to showcase what I mean. This is what happens when I'm not recording, so it's not the recording software causing it.

My system specs:
Ryzen 5 2600
32 Gigs 3200 RAM
2070 Super GPU w/ 8 Gigs of VRAM, with the latest drivers (or any that I've tried previously)
Running off a Samsung SSD
Windows 10

I don't use wireless peripherals, so it's not a connection or signal issue.

There's nothing going on in my PC that should make it perform like this. I really would love to work with this engine, it's a no-go with this kind of input lag. So, here's my last attempt to try and figure out what the problem is.

Thanks

• Solution

Yep. It's a Corsair Harpoon. It has high precision features, etc.

Though I keep the "enhance precision" part disabled, 'cause it gets too fast.

Edit...
Just fixed it. Precision was set to 1ms, I tried increasing it to 2ms.. Now it's fine.

How weird. Don't know if you intended to go with the Socratic approach, but it worked out either way lol.

Thanks, Josh!

• Haha 1

What's happening is the mouse is sending events faster than the editor is able to evaluate them, creating a stack of queued events.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.