Thirsty Panther

Command and Conquer Source Code

It's always interesting to see conventions used.They must have had the 8 character filename limitation, or someone wanted to hold it over (I've seen this even today by older programmers lol). Interesting that they put Class in every classes name. Not something you see much of these days with modern IDE's. They use inheritance over composition which is different from today's thoughts on game development thanks to the idea of entity programming. Browsing the code I'm shocked they didn't abuse the hell out of macros. That was a pretty common thing back in the day. Pretty much each method fits on 1 screen which is good, but some files are thousands of lines of code which suggest they could refactor things more. Good commenting. 

• Like 2

Rick, if I ever forget how knowledgeable you are about coding, it doesn't last long haha.  Nice analysis.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for link was interesting to look.
I assumed that the games of the era were written in c :)  , but yeah c++ is old also

• Like 1