Exposure idea for Leadwerks

Hi all

I have spent a long time going through the forum in order to catch up on anything I have missed. (Chaotic home life!)

I noticed a forum post regarding increasing exposure for Leadwerks and I think it definitely needs to be done. It is a fantastic program, so easy to learn, use and grow with. My idea, which I had not seen anywhere else, would be to create a remake of a classic game on the Leadwerks engine. YouTube has the Made with Unity and Made with Unreal videos, but no Made with Leadwerks. I feel it is about time the world knew about the capabilities of this engine. That new and old developers do not have to choose between Unity or Unreal if they want to make something. And finally, that Josh and the rest of the team have put together something more than game changing, game enhancing.

Does anyone else share these opinions?

The new engine will likely have an SDK out this year.

Your sentiment is good and I look forward to seeing anything you create. But as far as strategy goes, this is a puzzle I have struggled with for several years. The solution I have come to is to focus hard on performance for virtual reality, because that is a battle I can win and the customer doesn't really have the option to say no. This is the strategy that will allow the company to grow so that we can offer more for general game development.

• Like 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

As much as I want to get something changing done, I will take both your words of advice and wait for the next engine. It will not stop me tinkering whilst I am waiting though so maybe I can have a head start. Also, the list of games that need a remake is very expansive. So I think I might need to come back from the drawing board with a team.

I also admit that VR is the way to go, and that too could enhance a remake. I have a lot of planning to do!

Thank you both