Fractal text reveal shader

Ttiki

Hello everyone ?

I would need some help with something I would like to do, but don't really know how to do it. 

So, I'm making a little game separate into multiple episodes. For each episode, I would like a text to appear in a fractal way with a cloud noise texture or something like that (a bit like the Fallout title intros). But I don't really know how I can achieve this. I didn't experiment a lot with shaders, just some simple material shader. I've been following a tutorial series on YouTube about shaders in Leadwerk.

I would like to know if you could give me some directions or some documentation to help me achieve this effect (if that's possible^^).

Thank you very much for your help.

Ttiki

Just making games for fun. Currently working on T3-L4

Linka logo

Looks like it is just a gradient traveling from left to right. You could even just make a rectangle with a gradient texture on it and move it on top of the text.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

3 minutes ago, JMichael said:

Looks like it is just a gradient traveling from left to right. You could even just make a rectangle with a gradient texture on it and move it on top of the text.

Didn't think of an easy way like this ><. Always trying to make things difficult... Thank you very much?

Just making games for fun. Currently working on T3-L4

Linka logo