Leadwerk Linux (Ubuntu)

Ttiki

Go to solution Solved by reepblue,

Hello again, hope you are all doing good.

So, second post for tonight. I've chosen to install Ubuntu on my main computer as a dual boot as I need to use Linux for school and because I like Linux. I've chosen dual boot because I still want Windows to be running as my main OS for compatibility and ease of use. 

Today I've finally took the time to install the latest of ubuntu on my computer and I wanted to try Leadwerk on Linux as I was curious. I wanted to open a .werk project but met an error when trying to import it inside the project manager. The project was created on Windows and was already far in development. Anyway, I thought it was a compatibility problem with Linux and windows. To test this hypothesis I create a new, first person shooter game to try. When I launch it inside the editor the game crash instantly. Inside the console is this message:

Executing "\home\clement\Documents\Leadwerks\Projects\test\test"...
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/clement/.steam/debian-installation/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
/home/clement/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/test/test: /home/clement/.steam/debian-installation/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl.so.4: version `CURL_OPENSSL_4' not found (required by /home/clement/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/test/test)
Process Complete.

I don't really understand, I make sure of everything before installing ubuntu to avoid any problem. I'm sure the installation process was complete and successful without any errors. And I installed Steam and Leadwerk correctly on Ubuntu. I really don't know from where this error is coming. I'm a bit rusty with Linux, it's been a pretty long time since I used it, so am I missing something (probably).

Anyway, thank you very much for your help.

Have a good night/day.

Just making games for fun. Currently working on T3-L4

Linka logo

• Solution

Due to library conflicts, the editor is only supported with 16.04. Games however can be ran on 18.04 but it takes work. Others have ran into the issue you are having and I suggest you have a look at the Linux board.

IMO, there is no need to run or test games on Linux if you are using Lua. With C++ it's different as you need to write code that GCC will accept as it can be more stubborn and lacks some features compared to MSVC.

Although very cool, I don't see developing games with Leadwerks for Linux is worth it at this time. Your game night be totally unbootable when you're game actually ships. The editor is also gimped compared to it's Windows version.

I suggest just using Leadwerks on Windows. The new engine has less dependencies so it should be better.

• Thanks 1

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!