Trying to build up a basic VR functions

Kerag

Hi! I liked your engine. But VR player script misses all the standard features that required to build a descent VR game.
I'm not a programmer at all. I'm a 3D designer. And I'm trying to restore that basic functionality.

I've managed to create some sort of basic locomotion functionality. But now I'm stumbeled upon couple of things.. how to tie controller/helmet rotation to direction of movement?

I've managed to build up a script that gives some results to move using a stick... 

--Controller based movement
    if leftController~=nil and self.walkMethod == 1 then
        self:controllerWalk()
    end

--Update offset position
    local pos = VR:GetOffset()
    local d = self.targetoffset:DistanceToPoint(pos)
    local speed = 0.1 * self.teleportSpeed
    if leftController~=nil and self.walkMethod~=2 then
        speed = 0.01 * self.walkSpeed
    end
    if speed>d then speed=d end
    pos = pos + (self.targetoffset - pos):Normalize() * speed
    VR:SetOffset(pos)

function Script:controllerWalk()
    local playerMovement = Vec3(0)
    playerMovement.x = Math:Clamp(VR:GetControllerAxis(VR.Left, VR.TouchpadAxis).x, -1, 1)
    playerMovement.z = Math:Clamp(VR:GetControllerAxis(VR.Left, VR.TouchpadAxis).y, -1, 1)

local controller = VR:GetControllerModel(VR.Left)
    local crot = controller:GetRotation(true)             --retrieve rotation values
    self.targetoffset = VR:GetOffset()+playerMovement*crot                    --shows that rotation values indeed are getting retrieved but movement direction in game applied in a weird way...
end

Im stumbeled on how to apply those values correctly so that if I hold stick up... player would move in a direction where controller is facing.
The same goes to helmet.. I assume I have to retrieve rotation values from the camera?