Bone Lenght

ErhanK

55 minutes ago, ErhanK said:

Ah i forgot to say something thank you I'm using this method but what about a single bone or an end-hierarchy bone?

They don't have any dimensions. It's just a point in space. I suppose you could search though all the vertices of a mesh, find all vertices that have any attachment to that bone, and find bounding box of all vertices?  Or something? But the question doesn't really make sense.

• Like 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

33 minutes ago, Josh said:

They don't have any dimensions. It's just a point in space. I suppose you could search though all the vertices of a mesh, find all vertices that have any attachment to that bone, and find bounding box of all vertices?  Or something? But the question doesn't really make sense.

I'm just trying to make automatic ragdoll but if a bone is just a point you right. it will doesn't make sense. 
I thought it might have a beginning and an end like in a blender.

When you create a bone in either Blender or 3DS Max, they actually create two bones to give the bone length.  With Blender it's just a single click but if you export it and import it into Max, you'll see the two bones (Bone and Bone_end by default).  In 3DS Max you have to drag the bone out to create bone with the length.

What's confusing to me now is that you can delete the second bone in Max but it still leaves the "length" of the bone.  If you export it as FBX and reimport it, it will have the one bone with no length.  But if you save and load it as a Max file, it still keeps the length.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Josh said:

Your weapon handling here is really nice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peC_APdJAcM

Is the model switching motion animated or programmed? What about the iron sights motion? Where did the models come from?

Thank you but none of those 3d assets are not made by me yet. 
I decompile and use them temporarily for speed prototyping.
They coming from cry of fear, stalker and doom 3 (enemies not seen in video). 
My models are still under development but it will work fine.
All of these motions are animated included iron sight.
Btw i have to say something here. 
The rifle scope seen in white, it's actually rendered by scope camera to texture and it's works fine in engine but,
when i'm publish the game it's doesn't work.

3 minutes ago, ErhanK said:

Thank you but none of those 3d assets are not made by me yet. 
I decompile and use them temporarily for speed prototyping.
They coming from cry of fear, stalker and doom 3 (enemies not seen in video). 
My models are still under development but it will work fine.
All of these motions are animated included iron sight.
Btw i have to say something here. 
The rifle scope seen in white, it's actually rendered by scope camera to texture and it's works fine in engine but,
when i'm publish the game it's doesn't work.

Your game is probably missing the texture file the camera is using. Just add the texture file name in a comment in a script somewhere and it will work.

The animations of the guns look really good.

• Thanks 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.