2.32r4 still no go.

gordonramp

I saw that Josh had updated the file for 2.32r4 in the downloads area so I downloaded it again this morning (my fasted download time) but as usual it stopped almost at the end and became a corrupted file. :angry:

AMD Athlon x2 7750 2.7ghz, 6gb ddr2 ram, Galaxy9800GT 1gig ddr2 video card, Windows 7,64.

Hi Lumooja,

I have downloaded 2.32 using the 'SDK updater' just now but can find nothing to indicate that it is in fact 2.32r4. Even the version file simply says it is 2.32

AMD Athlon x2 7750 2.7ghz, 6gb ddr2 ram, Galaxy9800GT 1gig ddr2 video card, Windows 7,64.

That's ok gordonramp, check your version.txt file if there is:

-Fixed render elements bug.

-Fixed camera culling bug.

-Fixed recursive AABB update bug.

-Fixed surface save bug.

-Adjusted bloom and SSAO shaders.

-Eliminated unnecessary pick filter calls.

that's ok you have the rc4, it's called 2.32 in the updater and this is normal ;)

You guys are going to be the death of me. Josh

I decided to install via the uploader (in a new empty folder) LWE 2.32r4 (the version.txt reports the same as in the above posts).

I started the Editor (it has the 'new logo' as icon and a new color layout too), loaded Tunnels.sbx to see if everything works.

It works but I noticed a 'slow down' in the FPS reported.

The same scene in LW2.32.4 (I suppose there are no changes between tunnels.sbx for the early versions and this one)- in the same point - in 'play mode' - reports 144-238 fps (51507 polys rendered) while with LW 2.3 I get 250-350 fps (57923 polys rendered).

The extra info reports now times for rendering vegetation, culling and so on, but unless there something new in the scene I would like to know what happened.

I presume the new vegetation rendering pipeline consumes some power, but the culling for gaining less than 7000 polys is too costly I think.

Is it possible to 'turn off' the vegetation rendering pipeline or the culling system to leave the programmer/player the freedom to activate it or not?

Thanks

PS: the display info eats some FPS, but what I've reported is only with 'FPS'

PPS: the fx applied are the same (no bloom, no hdr)

PPPS: maybe 2.32.4 is still in beta, or lacks of something, I dont' know! Its' not a critic is a question!

Phenom II X4 955 Asus HD5770 4GB Ram WindowsXP Sp2 BlitzMax

www.graphio.net www.graphioware.com

Not updated here either.

I downloaded the 2.32r4 installer (http://leadwerks.com/werkspace/index.php?/files/file/145-leadwerks-engine-sdk-232/) and did a new install.

I ran the updater and it updated almost everything, which made me think that it was reverting it to the previous version.

Is there a new SDK Updater?

Here is an image of the update I did today which only updated 1 file and a view of my version.txt.

post-269-12747151006451_thumb.jpg

I think the SDK Installer I used reverted it to the previous version?

EDIT : Nevermind. I got the updated installer. Testing now.

Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz 2.13GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce GTX 260 1GB PCI-E, Windows 7 Professional 32bit