ULTRA APP KIT

Jules D.

Really good. It seems you're almost at the finish line.

Speaking of what's left to do, have you decided on vs project generation? Or are you going to do what you did in Leadwerks? (Copy solutions, rename a string macro.)

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

Another update has added vertical scrolling on text area and tree view widgets. Drag-and-drop tree view widgets now automatically scroll the panel when you drag near the top or bottom of the widget. Timer problems with some repeat events have also been fixed. Menus and combobox popups have been made a bit darker for better contrast with the window contents.

• Like 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Another update adds horizontal scrolling on text area and tree view widgets, which finishes out all the functionality I wanted. (This is something the scene tree in LE4 never had.)

I also fixed a bug in the SVG loader (I think) that was causing a random crash during loading.

I developed this all on a monitor with 125% scaling before I had the scaling worked out, so I think everything is about 25% too big. I want to go through and compare all the element sizes to the approximate sizes in the win32 interface.

Color scheme system needs to be worked out and finalized.

And I need to make our little project manager app to create new projects and select recent ones.

I'll probably move on to the documentation first, because that will allow people to start using the SDK faster.

Image2.thumb.png.772b94be5c056e8165e7f0f4a4bcad94.png

Image3.thumb.png.0353e85d8c016ac376ec44c7e89a2ebe.png

• Like 3

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

2 minutes ago, aiaf said:

Looking good, would be great to use from linux.

What is the plan for linux support ?

The people were given a chance to make this happen, and they chose not to at this time. Maybe in the future after the initial software is released they will make a different choice.

The size of some little details like the tabber tab height and menu item heights has been adjusted to match the Windows defaults. A bug in the menu system that would cause a crash if 100% DPI scaling was used is fixed.

Implemented the project manager application that serves as the main program. When you launch the program in Steam this is what appears:

Image1.thumb.png.cefa7736815339fb33520e4710916ab5.png

Added new Icon class to handle vector images. Loading pixmaps from SVG format is no longer supported. Instead you do this:

auto icon = LoadIcon("icon.svg");
auto pixmap = icon->Rasterize(1.0f); //100% scaling

Widgets now have a SetIcon() method. This is preferable over SetPixmap, if you have the image in vector format, because it will automatically rescale the image for the GUI scale.

Internally, the Windows image drawing is now using  a color matrix to colorize images so I don't have to modify the pixel data. This makes it much simpler to support color schemes.

The project manager does produce projects that link back to the Steam lib directory, so you can begin to work on projects and they won't get overwritten by updates, but will still include the most recent headers and libs.

Other various fixes and tweaks are abound.

Widgets can no longer be created directly on the user interface. Instead, the user interface has a "root" member that is a penel.

auto ui = CreateInterface(window);
auto panel = CreatePanel(0,0,ui->root->size.x, ui->root->size.y, ui->root);

A new Widget::SetFontScale() method allows you to control scaling of text and will adjust dynamically with the UI scale.

label->SetFontScale(2); // text is always twice as big as default, at all DPIs

Scaling is fixed:

100.thumb.png.961d3ca33e1e34ca050471304a6ba10c.png

Image1.thumb.png.5bcac68d19e14a63ecd19ab4d6b3c9ca.png

Image2.thumb.png.401eb10f229e797e38f365f0a4519ea7.png

Another update:

• Changed the appearance of the border around treeview and listbox widgets when scrollbars are visible. (I just realized I need to do the same for the textarea widget!)
  • The required SVG icons are now built into the source code so you no longer need to include those, you can just have a lone EXE all by itself with no extra files.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Robert_d1968 said:

Around when will this be ready to purchase. I'm looking foward to it..

And thanks for your teams effort to get this out as soon as possible. I would really like to purchase soon as It becomes available.

Robert

It can be ordered now and you will receive the beta. Might take a day or two because I just sent out my last Steam key and I have to request more:

25 minutes ago, ga1pi2ga said:

noticed a issue with the new launcher:

if you hover over the text instead of the blank spot on any of the buttons they don't get highlighted

I just uploaded a fix for this.

The way I made those buttons is kind of interesting. I used the BUTTON_TOOLBAR style, set the widget pointer to the hand / finger cursor, and then created some labels and a panel on each one. In order to make the button still work I added a new SetInteractive() widget method. If this is set to false the widget will be purely decorative and invisible to the event system:

auto button_marketplace = CreateButton("", 0, y, bw, bh, Panel_Community, BUTTON_TOOLBAR);
	button_marketplace->SetPointer(POINTER_HAND);
	button_marketplace->SetLayout(1, 1, 1, 0);
	{
		auto label = CreateLabel("Marketplace", 80, 14, 200, 30, button_marketplace);
		label->SetFontWeight(true);
		label->SetInteractive(false);
		CreateLabel("Articles, tutorials, and blah from other developers.", 80, 18 + 16, 300, 30, button_marketplace)->SetInteractive(false);
		auto panel = CreatePanel(0, 0, 64, 64, button_marketplace);
		auto icon = LoadIcon("Icons/icons8-online-store.svg");
		panel->SetIcon(icon);
		panel->SetColor(0, 0, 0, 0);
		panel->SetInteractive(false);
	}

I also eliminated an unnecessary redraw so when you drag the window around it will feel more fluid. I don't think this issue would have affected a normal window with a standard titlebar.

• Like 1

I made some optimizations by caching some various Windows drawing objects. This makes drawing MUCH faster and perfectly fluid when you quickly resize the window. Our dream of a perfectly fluid pixel-perfect interface is here.

Hello, thanks for the improvements. I've found a minor visual bug with the launcher (or framework idk). When I start the launcher with 100% display scale, the ultraengine logo is rendered at wrong placed. Then, if I set 125% scale and then 100% back while the launcher is still running, the logo goes to correct place. It is like, the code calculates it wrong firstly, but second time it corrects.

• Thanks 1

Small update fixes menus so they are pixel-perfect and perfectly aligned all the time.

I've got the account authentication sort of working, to the point that it can get rejected by the server. I think I am going to hire IPB to finish it and make sure it's done right.