Rogue Snowboarding

Haydenmango

Hi peoples.  I've been working on a little snowboarding game for a while now and I wanted to share it.

ROGUE SNOWBOARDING is a snowboarding game inspired by Tony Hawk N64, SSX Tricky and 1080 Snowboarding.  The concept is to mash old school arcade board sports with a roguelike design.  

Result is -

pretty neat arcade snowboarding mechanics, maps with some procedurally placed objects, randomly generated leaderboard scores to beat, permadeath, rpg stats, unlockables for other modes, and more.

Career mode with 4 difficulty tiers and a final halfpipe map.  Get a high enough score on the leaderboard to move to the next tier.  Try to avoid taking too much damage because if you die it's game over.

Trick Attack mode where you can play with maps and boards you've unlocked from career mode.  Maps leaderboard scores are based on your highest score on that map to add some extra replayability.

You can get the game from my dropbox here - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pcgrhz62d4ugce3/AAAWKZTtC9ySULSvAZr88U-ja?dl=0

Let me know if you have any questions or feedback!

• Like 2

That's great to hear, thanks Josh! :D

I did spend a lot of time tuning the player mechanics, they should be pretty solid.  Still going to change the maps more and fix some other issues probably.  The map design in particular could be much better with more variety and depth if I develop it further. 

Pretty happy with how it all turned out, thinking of trying surfing next!