Zero Hour

Porsche

ZERO HOUR

Teaser trailer!

I thought I'd make an Official Thread for our game, Zero Hour. (Shard and myself).

We have a version of the game out currently for download. All LeadWerks SDK owners are invited to play this testing version.

If you'd like to play the Zero Hour and find bugs for us, you'll have to request a Key here:

http://www.fifthinitiative.com/system/?v=req

Be sure to put you're from LeadWerks Community in the additional comments section, so we know who you are. (Include your username!)

Check out our project page too for more media and screen shots:

http://www.fifthinitiative.com/?v=3pro&t=3

simpleSigPNG.png

Artist, Animator, Musician, P/T Programmer

Dual Core @ 2.6GHz per /nVidia 9600 GT/ 4 GBs DDR3 6800 / XP Pro 32/64 Bit

Photoshop CS3 / 3D Studio Max 8 / VS '08

Sweet, I got all of your requests. They wont be approved until the first week of June.

I'd like to take a moment and thank all of the LeadWerks community for past and future help that you guys have provided. We seriously wouldn't have gotten this far and have it look this good without your help. THANK YOU.

simpleSigPNG.png

Sent mine in, looks fun!

Tools:

AC3D | 3D Canvas(pro) | Texture Maker(pro) | Genetica(basic) | 3D World Studio | Fragmotion |Leadwerks 2 | XNA 4 | Visual Studio 2010 Professional | XCode 5.x |UU3D Pro

Programing & Scripting Languages:

C |C++ | C# | Obj-C | LUA | Javascript | PHP | Ruby

We are a little behind schedule, but we should be able to hand out the keys tomorrow (June 1st) or Wednesday(June 2nd). I've looked through the requests already sent, and a few people claimed to be from leadwerks but didn't include their username.

If you got an email saying you were denied, and you're an SDK owner, just PM me here with your email address so I can fix the issue.

Otherwise, check your email in the next few days for the Beta Key! =D (Be sure to check your junk email too, if you're expecting.)

We've run into several last second issues. While we could hand it out as is, we'd rather fix the more major bugs beforehand.

We're now aiming for next week sometime, probably Tuesday June 8th.

simpleSigPNG.png

Signed up aswell, hopefully I'm not to late :)

Cheers!

The Beta will probably go until July, and you can sign up at any point during.

simpleSigPNG.png

We've only denied a few requests.

There are a few other things that cause us to deny your request. These include:

• No Email Provided
  • Not stating your LeadWerks forum username OR not clearly identifying who you are

I was rejected :blink: So sad :)

@RVL: You are an SDK owner, so you should be able to play the Beta. You can still play, but I need you to PM me a few things. Check your inbox. =]

simpleSigPNG.png

• 2 weeks later...

I have just played your game for a short while.

Even while considering it's a beta I would include a playable map instead of a test map. Anyway.

I liked the menu screens and the HUD layout although I would have used a different font for the ammo status (nitpicking). The starting area looked nice although the small wooden cabin was not scaled correctly and missed collisions. The AI did follow me around OK but found the walking animation a little to slow and they took to long to lift their gun and shoot me, which brings me to the sad fact I wasn't able to blow their heads of :)

Performance was a little sub-par, running between 25 and 30 FPS on the specs in my signature.

Otherwise nice to see you having progressed this far already!

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Laurens and everyone... let me give you all an update.

Shard and I are local project partners in college. Zero Hour is our school project, which was due about 3 weeks ago, a few days after the Beta came out. We presented our actual game level with enemies, triggers, music, cut-scenes, and more. We had originally planned to release the beta earlier, but complications just kept piling up. We went into major crunch time to get it ready for a huge presentation, and we're proud to say we kicked butt.

Anyway, Zero Hour is far from finished. We've been taking a long deserved break. The Beta we put up is horribly faulty, and chances are we'll be putting up different versions of the game for everyone to test over the next 8 months. The game we turned in was for our Mid-Term Project, which is meant as a "practice run" for the real thing. We are continuing Zero Hour as our Senior project. Our break is nearly over, and I'm sure you'll see more from us soon. (Get ready for Shard to bombard the Coding forum with questions... haha)

-Porsche

PS: Thanks to all those who played the Beta. Check your email over the next couple months, we might hand out a different test version of the game.

simpleSigPNG.png