..underground beam generators for skybridge..

Naughty Alien

You might want to consider some fake beams of light coming through the holes in the roof of the cave. Just make a simple mesh and use additive blending in a second pass, and make it very faint so the geometry is not obvious.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

finally NA! Those beams look awsome, can you talk a little bit more about this scene and what is to be expected while in this level?

Working on a major RPG project.......will showcase soon.

www.kevintillman1.wix.com/tillmansart

..thank you guys for kind comments..

@Cocopino

Yes, thats my game web site..so i have seriously bite in to game so im going to finish..no step back is an option.. ;)

@Josh

I have had that in first version of level, but somehow doesnt add much, so instead im using God rays and they do job incredibly nice, at places where camera is in proper position..i may try again later after tuning up a bit more inner engravings in cave..

@Kevin

On this level, you are suppose to travel over skybridge portal, but its disabled, so, you have to jump trough right hole on surface and drop in to one of cave bridges and then find 5 beam generators and fire them in correct sequence, while each beam is time limited, so if you trigger beam 1 and then you looking for beam 2 but couldnt find proper one in 2 minutes, beam 1 will shut down too so you have to go back to it and turn it on again(HUD on left side of screen are actually timers/indicators of state for each accessed generator, there are more icons in to them, but on picture is shown only how it look like when all of them are trigerred, and all of them blinking), and so on, accessibility to next beam is limited by time, last triggered beam is on..after last one is triggered, main character entering some white no space zone and apear at surface on rock portal where some magic makes her float , and thats moment she receive graviton power what will finally be used to turn on skybridge, leading to next level (Frozen Throne)..maybe small changes will be here/there, but thats it..

@Flexman

It is billboard mesh (im using my own, not one provided with engine), painted with animated texture, loaded in to transparency world, with fullbright..

wow that is awsome dude. Very Good stuff Naughty Alien, I cannot wait to play this game, I am sure I can learn so much from it. Very good stuff in the concept art gallery as well NA. Cant Wait!!!

Working on a major RPG project.......will showcase soon.

www.kevintillman1.wix.com/tillmansart

..thanks guys...im sure you will like other worlds more, since this one is pretty monochromatic /snow, inside caves/..but when u see Amazon and babylon levels, number of details is enormous and very color rich, also, plenty of characters moving around, talking, etc.. ;)

• Upvote 1

Yeah, godrays will look better when the sky is in view, and I am not sure if they would blend very well with a fake geometry effect.

I also suggest adding some orangish torchlights to balance the color of the scene, if the setting permits it. In fact I don't think the blue/green beam color and purple interior mix at all...they should be roughly the same hue, shouldn't they?

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

..actually i was thinking to have some engraving (like from stone age, on caves sides) , with some glow showing building up beams..that should emit some light, but torch itself I didnt think about because this place is about to be dark without beams, and abandoned ages ago...i will see..

• Upvote 1

Guest Red Ocktober

yes... really immersive looking scene there NA...

like Aggror, i too have to give exceptional notice to the compass too... part of the gui, right...

--Mike

• 1 month later...