I Want to Use LeadWerks in FPS CREATOR

Hi :)

I am Newbie and want to know whether i use Terrian made with Leadwerks Sanbox can be used in FPS CREATOR X10 . I am Complete newbie and didn't know about any programming language so can i use Leadwerks. i saw on Youyube Leadwerks Sanbox its easy is their any difference in Leadwerks SDK and LeadWerks Sanbox.

there is the place where i came from

http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_product&id=2031

i want to make Terrian with Leadwerks and then use it in FPS Creator X10 . plz guide me.

Thnkx :D

You probably want to use a different piece of software if your just looking to generate terrain. Google Terrain Generator or the like.

Leadwerks is a fully fledged engine with its own libraries, editor, code, etc and its not free, though certainly cheap for what it offers.

Leadwerks SDK is the libraries used in a coding language. The Sandbox (now known as Editor) is a level editing program. They are both part of the same Leadwerks package and not available separately.

Overall, you wanna go with something else, because you wont be using 99% of Leadwerks features. Leadwerks isn't compatible with FPS Creator, it is its own piece of software.

simpleSigPNG.png

Programmer/Engineer/Student

www.reikumar.com

2.6 GHz Intel Core Duo - nVidia GeForce 8600 GT - Windows 7 64-bit - 4 Gigs RAM

C++ - Visual Studio Express - Dark GDK - Leadwerks SDK

no i see Leadwerks Sanbox on YOutube and quite easy . ok

Q : can i use Leadwerks Sanbox to make terrian ?

Q : how can i make game with using Leadwerks Engine ?

Q : If someone didn't know about programming he can't use Leadwerks.

******** :) PLZ I LIKE LEADWERKS :D ************

Hi,

no i see Leadwerks Sanbox on YOutube and quite easy . ok

Correct, but as of LE 2.3, Sandbox has been renamed to Editor.

Q : can i use Leadwerks Sanbox to make terrian ?

Yes, as Shard already said, it is a fully fledged level editor. You can download an evaluation kit from the download section that includes Editor.

If you want to make a game you will need to learn some programming language or have a coder on your team. With the addition of LUA scripting it is fairly easy to pick it up though.

If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask :)

As far as I know, the editor (sandbox) does not export to a format that fps creator can use. I think it only exports to .sbx which fpsc doesn't understand.

Put simply, I think the editor works only with the Leadwerks Engine

Both of these have the same answer. Whilst the best way to make anything with the engine is with a programming language. It is possible to make an entire game just with a lua script. lua scripting is supposed to be much easier to learn than most programming languages. So you should be able to learn a bit of lua without any programming knowledge at all.

LE Version: 2.50 (Eventually)

Guest Red Ocktober

look at the output file of an editor session... the *.sbx file... it can be opened and read (and edited) in any text editor (notepad)...

as such, it can also be opened as a text file in any other program (conceivably darkBASIC, i dunno about FPSC)... and it can be read in and parsed in those other apps the same way it is parsed with Leadwerks old ProcessScene() function, and so be used to recreate the same scene that you made in the editor in any app...

--Mike

I'm assuming that the most likely way you are going to get a terrain into FPSC is via a heightmap. Leadwerks Editor would be a very expensive way of doing this so I wouldn't recommend that. 3D World Studio is a possibility but I'm sure there are plenty of free terrain creation tools out there (L3DT is one that comes to mind).

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

look at the output file of an editor session... the *.sbx file... it can be opened and read (and edited) in any text editor (notepad)...

I just saw them as list of entities, like lights, or objects (gmf files). That would be because I don't use terrains...

Maybe I should try actually saving a terrain (like the original post asks) before thinking I know enough to provide a comment.

LE Version: 2.50 (Eventually)

.. naeembabakheil

I think you really dont want to create terrain in LE Editor, just for sake of using it in another 3D real time solution/engine..even, if you somehow manage to get it work, its not going to be same visual appearance, and thats for sure..LE system is great and it works for itself, and it was never designed to be something as a extension for some 3rd party tools..so, if you want some good, and yet cheap terrain creation tool, with ability to bake, blend, export texture/meshes, take a look at FreeWorld3D.. very good tool for such purpose (even possible to use with LE by the way, tested and it works beautifully)..or, one of the best terrain editor i have had experience and its really beauty, also, usable with LE, is EarthScluptor (i have created some plug ins for LE in their SDK and its working very nice)..here are links for both..I hope this helps..

http://freeworld3d.org/

http://www.earthsculptor.com/

I don't know if FPSC can import a .raw heightmap for terrain. I have never heard of terrain support in FPSC, but I don't know for sure.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

You can export the height map from the Editor (Sandbox) into a .raw file. If you import this into Photoshop (maybe even gimp), you can re-save it as any kind of file. Going along with everyone else though, it'd just be too many steps to really even be worth it. You shouldn't just use LeadWerks for one thing, considering it's meant to be much more.

simpleSigPNG.png

Artist, Animator, Musician, P/T Programmer

Dual Core @ 2.6GHz per /nVidia 9600 GT/ 4 GBs DDR3 6800 / XP Pro 32/64 Bit

Photoshop CS3 / 3D Studio Max 8 / VS '08

• 1 year later...

FPSC can't import raw files. and leadwerks SBX files are not suitable to use with it.

I used FPSC for a while. I could code everything for it with the FPI but you can't use it.

you can't load leadwerks terrains in it. you need to make a terrain generated by some terrain editor,

and then simply load the mesh inside the fpsc intity bank folder.

since I'm working on a fully code script share program, that will be able for usage :P

cassius is right! the reason why I'm using Leadwerks is because FPSC was way to limited.

and there isn't a shortcut indeed!

just learn some basics about LUA and / or C++ / C

you will have a hard time with that one, but finally it will be all worth it.

cheers

yeah, I get the feeling the threads author got the answer ...about 2 years ago ....

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

asking where?

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

asking here rofl

yes .... two years ago ... rolleyes.gif

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

that is the funny part of it cool.png

Are you high or something?

Cuz nothing you're saying is making any sense... you just bumped a 2 year old post where the original poster is long gone and his question was answered. No he is not still asking for an answer... He's gone... nothing funny about it. Unless you are the original poster from 2 years ago in which case this makes even less sense......

I didn't really want to bump this thread because it is a waste of space on the forum but I just can't take this anymore.

• Upvote 1

STS - Scarlet Thread Studios

AKA: Engineer Ken

Fact: Game Development is hard... very bloody hard.. If you are not prepared to accept that.. Please give up now!

Are you high or something?

Cuz nothing you're saying is making any sense... you just bumped a 2 year old post where the original poster is long gone and his question was answered. No he is not still asking for an answer... He's gone... nothing funny about it. Unless you are the original poster from 2 years ago in which case this makes even less sense......

I didn't really want to bump this thread because it is a waste of space on the forum but I just can't take this anymore.

Dude, try and calm down a little. Yes, he bumped a thread from two years ago. I don't think he noticed he had done so at first and he's just shrugging it off. No need to get hostile.

There are three types of people in this world. People who make things happen. People who watch things happen. People who ask, "What happened?"

Let's make things happen.

Dude, try and calm down a little. Yes, he bumped a thread from two years ago. I don't think he noticed he had done so at first and he's just shrugging it off. No need to get hostile.

Look I'm not mad I'm just applying logic to the situation. Maybe you read my post with an angry face on. I don't know...

The thread may be old but the answers were valid then and remain so now.

You're not wrong Cassius and perhaps my last line could have been written better. Yes its valid information, in its entirety its not a waste of space but it didn't need to get bumped and everything new pushed back.

STS - Scarlet Thread Studios

AKA: Engineer Ken

Fact: Game Development is hard... very bloody hard.. If you are not prepared to accept that.. Please give up now!