Is leadwerks code heavy?

HeadClot

Hey I am thinking about purchasing the Current version of LeadWerks for a Personal project.

I am just curious if LeadWerks is code heavy because I really want to get a head start with out a coder.

I know eventually that i will need code or at least know some some one to code.

I am mainly a 3d artist that enjoys carving out BSP in the Unreal editor. This is one of the key features on why I am Choosing Leadwerks. 3d World Studio looks like a Amazing BSP editor.

So here are my questions.

1. Is LeadWerks code heavy? I know some basic .lua and c sharp i am in no way a professional coder in any way shape or form...

2. What 3d modeling applications are supported? I currently use blender.

Thank you for your time :)

hello HeadClot, and welcome to LE world :)

..ill try to answer your questions, from the perspective i see ;)

1) You will do just fine with LE, if you take one step at the time, regarding learning curve, so, there are some tutorials, and most important, people here are very friendly so you will not be alone, no matter where you stuck..code is not heavy, but keep in mind, it depend on complexity of your project and what you trying to do..whatever case may be, some learning curve is necessary, but dont worry about it, you will enjoy it a lot :)

2) Blender is just fine, long as you can export FBX..3dsmax, Maya, XSI, etc..you can use pretty much everything :)

I hope this helps a bit..I highly recommend LE..you will not regret it(long as your scope of development is PC only, at this moment)

You will need to do some coding but from what I have heard from artists and other people that were not into coding when they got Leadwerks is that LUA is really easy to pick up. You could definalty get a head start as you put it without a coder.

Do keep in mind though that Leadwerks does not come with 3D World Studio. They are seperate products!