Lazlo Bonin

Live Model Placement Preview

I was somehow used to how the Sandbox showed me the model I was about to place, not just only the 3 axis. Is there a way to get this feature back? It sped up development speed incredibly.

eh... if you really want a preview, don't do it like sandbox did. Have a small window that shows the model whenever its clicked on that actually gives a model preview. Currently I see no big difference between dragging and dropping it into the window and just dragging it to the window... can't really say that releasing the mouse button is that much of an inconvenience... :D

eh... if you really want a preview, don't do it like sandbox did. Have a small window that shows the model whenever its clicked on that actually gives a model preview. Currently I see no big difference between dragging and dropping it into the window and just dragging it to the window... can't really say that releasing the mouse button is that much of an inconvenience... :D

We don't need a preview of the model itself, we need a preview of its placement in the environment. The fact that it gets automatically aligned with terrain saves me a lot of time in replacing the object after.

I was somehow used to how the Sandbox showed me the model I was about to place, not just only the 3 axis. Is there a way to get this feature back? It sped up development speed incredibly.

TBH I did not even notice this was the case now had to go and check lol .. but then I have always tended to just drag the object to the scene release and then position my view closer to where I want to place it for acuracy so that might be why I never noticed :D