Beast lighting effects

dreamhead

Read the new blog, looks like you need pre calculated lightmaps from purelight to get that cool colored shadows.

I'm confused as to how it could be pre calculated lightmaps if it was working with all those dynamic balls. That seems real-time.

pureLIGHT is not required for colored shadows, but they work nicely together.

Basically, pureLIGHT provides the secondary light bounces, and Leadwerks lighting is still used for the direct lighting. The two do not have to match exactly, and you can move Leadwerks lights around and still have a good-looking GI effect, in most cases.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

pure light costs $500!?!?

Well anyway if there was a Blender plugin you would have gotten free global illumination with all the bells and whistles..for free as blender game engine already does... - I'm just sayin - don't hit me with a brick :)

Core I5 2.67 / 16GB RAM / GTX 670

Zbrush/ Blender / Photoshop CS6 / Renoise / Genetica / Leadwerks 3

pureLIGHT is not required for colored shadows, but they work nicely together.

Basically, pureLIGHT provides the secondary light bounces, and Leadwerks lighting is still used for the direct lighting. The two do not have to match exactly, and you can move Leadwerks lights around and still have a good-looking GI effect, in most cases.

yep i saw in the blog josh looks very good and i can wait to see it in action,now just the price i hope it won't get very expensive :) hint..hint lol

the real world is in my head

CPU-Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

CPU Speed 2.40 GHz

RAM 3.5 GB

OS Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Build Service Pack 32600)

Video Card GeForce 8800 GT

Video Card Features-

*Video RAM 512.0 MB

Video RAM 256 MB 512.0 MB

Hardware T&L Yes

Pixel Shader version 3.0

Vertex Shader version 3.0

using:leadwerks2.3,2

[ dreamhead.png

I don't make any money off sales of pureLIGHT, so it's up to them. They said they would offer a discount the first month.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

It is a bit limited, the announcement on the blog may suggest that embedded in 2.4. It is mentioned nowhere that you must acquire PureLight ...

The announcement made earlier:

Leadwerks 2.4 Engine Will Be out soon, and Will include a brand new feature lighting That Has Never Been Done Before, by any engine "

It isn't really true .... Leadwerks will include a pipline to PureLight

I'm disappointed, because in view of the announcement, it was legitimate to believe that was in LW

what is the discount price for PureLight, because 500$ to do dynamic radiosity lightmap is too expensive for me...

It is a shame that a better partnership couldn't have been made with pureLIGHT. The funny thing is that after the month is up it would seem it's back to $500 for us LE users. Who is going to buy the LE engine for $250 and then spend $500 to get GI? Not very many, that's who. A better deal would have had to be made I think.

Seems it is baked too. Bummer, a real-time GI would be really cool.

The announcement made earlier:

Leadwerks 2.4 Engine Will Be out soon, and Will include a brand new feature lighting That Has Never Been Done Before, by any engine "

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was he not talking about the real time coloured shadows? I remember a year or so ago when this was requested, and at the time it was talked about like it couldn't be done.

I should imagine the deal has already been done.

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was he not talking about the real time coloured shadows? I remember a year or so ago when this was requested, and at the time it was talked about like it couldn't be done.

Even if that's what he really meant, the first video released of 2.4 is a video showing pureLIGHT working inside LE, so I think it's natural that a good number of people assume pureLIGHT is the big bang thing in 2.4. This is a confusing release, but honestly most LE releases are like that. The coordination in an LE release could stand some improvement, although I'm sure it's not easy to update everything needs to be with only 2 people.

I totally agree, I wasn't trying to defend how it's been promoted. I'm also unsure as to why the engine price has gone up by $50 in time with the release of 2.4. It seems new customers are now paying $50 for the pleasure of being able to spend an additional $500 on third party lighting product.

• Upvote 1

I was thinking of where my cutoff point would be also. Most likely $200 as well for LE and the tools that it has currently. They aren't that mature yet when compared to some of the others so spending more would be hard for me to do.

even better: I don't have 500 $

Purelight full version is 500 buks, but a combo pack for Unity and Torque is 650. Perhaps the eventual package for Leadwerks is even without the one month sale, less then 500. I am eagerly awaiting what we have to pay.

Plus I want to see what kind of documentation is provided for using this system. Josh mentioned he would explain how the mat files are created. But would that be all? or are there other operations we have to think of.

Anyway I am really excited about this.

Light passing through surfaces and changing colors is something no other engine I have heard of has ever done. There's been uses of projecting a texture onto a scene, but ours is actually created from the scene itself in real-time. I don't think anyone has ever done particle shadows, except possibly in some academic demos.

pureLIGHT is only required if you want to mix global illumination lightmapping with deferred dynamic lighting. It was requested some time ago, then I met the guys at GDC 2010, and we have been working quietly on it since then.

The price of Leadwerks Engine 2 will likely continue to rise incrementally. It's a mature technology now, and you guys got a lower price because you were early adopters.

David of pureLIGHT has told me there will be a discount for the first month, for those who want to buy the pureLIGHT tool.

Light passing through surfaces and changing colors is something no other engine I have heard of has ever done. There's been uses of projecting a texture onto a scene, but ours is actually created from the scene itself in real-time. I don't think anyone has ever done particle shadows, except possibly in some academic demos.

pureLIGHT is only required if you want to mix global illumination lightmapping with deferred dynamic lighting. It was requested some time ago, then I met the guys at GDC 2010, and we have been working quietly on it since then.

The price of Leadwerks Engine 2 will likely continue to rise incrementally. It's a mature technology now, and you guys got a lower price because you were early adopters.

David of pureLIGHT has told me there will be a discount for the first month, for those who want to buy the pureLIGHT tool.

Ah, as in "Buy it now and get a rebate", not a 1-month paid-trial. That might be good.

This technology is important for my fantasy style game, but I am out of budget. Over 2000$ have been spent on this project, out of my 17-year-old pocket. Although I strive to maintain quality, I will have to stop spending so much. Many comments on Aerora.com said they would donate, but never did. (Except ZioRed, who donated $5. Thanks, it has been my only income for the last year and a half).

I know I should adopt a financing model, but it isn't feasible legally at 17. Next year for sure.