pureLIGHT for Leadwerks

Josh

I just downloaded and installed it:

"Your evaluation trial copy of PureLight has expired."

Ensure you're running it in admin mode. I've had this issue before with demo software. No idea if that's your problem, but just in case.

The trial version also tells met that it is expired... :(

Tried running as admin and in several compatibility modes. No luck :mellow:

I'm really playing with the thought to buy it, but not if i can't try it before...

PS: Prelight works fine, just PureLight not

(Win7 64bit) && (i7 3770K @ 3,5ghz) && (16gb DDR3 @ 1600mhz) && (Geforce660TI)

This looks impressive. Josh has done a great job at all levels, engine and external-tool integration wise.

I hope the price remains at $350 long enough while I can save those extra bucks, hehehehehe. :mellow:

Win8.1 Pro X64/ Intel core I7 @ 3.5GHz / 32GB DDR3 SDRAM / GeForce GTX 660+760/ VC++ Express 2013/ Blender /Unwrap3dpro3 /Modo 8

It seems pureLIGHT does not work on Windows (XP), but only on Vista and 7.

I get this error when starting it:

post-2-097946300 1280506656_thumb.png

And Microsoft says GetDynamicTimeZoneInformation is only available in Vista and up:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms724318%28VS.85%29.aspx

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

It seems pureLIGHT does not work on Windows (XP), but only on Vista and 7.

I get this error when starting it:

post-2-097946300 1280506656_thumb.png

And Microsoft says GetDynamicTimeZoneInformation is only available in Vista and up:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms724318%28VS.85%29.aspx

Hmm interesting. I really, really hate the way Windows deals with time reporting.

The trial expiration thing is a weird issue that sometimes crops up and we're not entirely sure why. I think its related to some combination of operating system version, time zones and localization settings. If you are experiencing this, if you could let us know these pieces of information.

Generally, the issue seems to correct itself after a day, which is weird.

pureLIGHT lead programmer

Why does pureLIGHT need time zone information anyway? Can't it just read the system time using POSIX compliant C functions in time.h? I've replaced also all Windows specific file system and OS calls with POSIX calls, so that I can compile my programs on all platforms.

Why does pureLIGHT need time zone information anyway? Can't it just read the system time using POSIX compliant C functions in time.h? I've replaced also all Windows specific file system and OS calls with POSIX calls, so that I can compile my programs on all platforms.

They are buggy under some locales and operating system combinations. The only call I've ever seen that works right under all circumstances is the GetDynamicTimeZoneInformation call.

Well, you can use GetDynamicTimeZoneInformation when the OS is Vista or up, and use POSIX calls for all other OS (which would be XP/WINE only anyway). Most users still have XP, so I think it's a good idea to support it (source: http://www.netmarketshare.com/os-market-share.aspx?qprid=11 ).

Well, you can use GetDynamicTimeZoneInformation when the OS is Vista or up, and use POSIX calls for all other OS (which would be XP/WINE only anyway). Most users still have XP, so I think it's a good idea to support it (source: http://www.netmarketshare.com/os-market-share.aspx?qprid=11 ).

We do support Xp, its only the trial version that is busted under Xp. I'll have a fix for this up shortly.

Generally, the issue seems to correct itself after a day, which is weird.

It started working for me without a reboot. I'm guessing it was because it was after 12 AM.

Win 7 Pro 64 bit

AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz

GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+

4 GB RAM

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

The trial version expiration issues should be fixed now, and the trial version should work on Windows Xp now as well. Just download the updated version from our website and it should work fine.

Sorry for the inconvenience, we should have tested the trial version out on Xp first (I know I tested the full version on Xp).

..im really interested to know, what are real benefits of using pureLight over Vray or mentalRay in 3dsmax, if I have 3dsmax already ? As a non benefit, im not considering 10 minutes of rendering i need to get LightMap from Vray, since its rendered once anyway, and thats all..im not trying to be negative really..I just want to see, is it worth for me to spend additional 350(later 500) US$ on this system or not..I couldnt see any really advanced lighting done in pureLight on their web site, and i would like to see some (no need to be related to LE), in order to really see its capabilities in comparison with systems i have already..

yeah purelight for le is an extra 350 on top of your 250! haha i'm broke especially soon after i buy the gtx 460...then imma have to save up for a new cpu...so i don't see me getting this anytime soon :/ sorry purelight. hope the price stays the same..it just reminds me of hdr and global illumination like in Mass Effect (UE3).

I'm Giving the trial a go for this. I'm having some problems with my models though. I normally open my sketchup file in UU3D then export to GMF, so I have been doing this, but exporting to DAE instead. And whenever I start compiling the DAE files in prelight, it crashes and returns this error:

Problem signature:
 Problem Event Name:	CLR20r3
 Problem Signature 01:	prelight_trial.exe
 Problem Signature 02:	3.5.3854.15073
 Problem Signature 03:	4c4710b2
 Problem Signature 04:	System.Xml
 Problem Signature 05:	2.0.0.0
 Problem Signature 06:	4a275e0f
 Problem Signature 07:	437
 Problem Signature 08:	2a
 Problem Signature 09:	System.Xml.XmlException

There is a workaround for this, but it involves me opening my sketchup file in UU3D, exporting to 3ds. Opening that 3ds file in blender, then exporting to DAE. I'm not happy doing it this way either as it uses up too much time. ;)

Using the ase plugin for UU3D allows the file to compile but returns an error in the app, which is as follows:

"LMA_1.ase ERROR: Lightmap too large(larger than 4096x4096)"

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Intel core 2 quad 6600 | Nvidia Geforce GTX460 1GB | 2GB DDR2 Ram | Windows 7.

Google Sketchup | Photoshop | Blender | UU3D | Leadwerks Engine 2.4

I'm Giving the trial a go for this. I'm having some problems with my models though. I normally open my sketchup file in UU3D then export to GMF, so I have been doing this, but exporting to DAE instead. And whenever I start compiling the DAE files in prelight, it crashes and returns this error:

Problem signature:
 Problem Event Name:	CLR20r3
 Problem Signature 01:	prelight_trial.exe
 Problem Signature 02:	3.5.3854.15073
 Problem Signature 03:	4c4710b2
 Problem Signature 04:	System.Xml
 Problem Signature 05:	2.0.0.0
 Problem Signature 06:	4a275e0f
 Problem Signature 07:	437
 Problem Signature 08:	2a
 Problem Signature 09:	System.Xml.XmlException

There is a workaround for this, but it involves me opening my sketchup file in UU3D, exporting to 3ds. Opening that 3ds file in blender, then exporting to DAE. I'm not happy doing it this way either as it uses up too much time. :(

Using the ase plugin for UU3D allows the file to compile but returns an error in the app, which is as follows:

"LMA_1.ase ERROR: Lightmap too large(larger than 4096x4096)"

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Could you email us an example DAE file from sketchup that isn't working? support@purelighttech.com will get it to us.

The lightmap size message is cause either your texel size is far too low, or your mesh is really large and complex resulting in a lightmap that exceeds the maximum size that you have set (this can be changed in the preLight options).