STRANDED - The Game (WIP)

Pixel Perfect

yeah, that makes absolutely no difference. Something the size of say a grenade when launched and hits the terrain just right will cause it to fall thru the ground. I know the answer is that this is supposedly a problem with any physics engine, but honestly I cannot recall the last time I played an fps game where this happens.

Theoretically, this should not occur with swept collisions, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a way for it to happen. If you want to produce an example I can show it to Julio. I often see this sort of thing occur in FPS games. I saw a video on YouTube yesterday where a gun fell through the floor.

I think the rule going forward should be fix the current bugs before any new releases. This allows people to make the decision to either move their project forward to the newest release or just live with the current version thats bug free for their intentions.

That's a smart approach.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

kinda hard to train for something when you have no idea what's coming... what's gonna be changed unexpectedly... but i'm sure you'll see that when you actually start writing some code for something more than a simple walkround in a level...

Yea your right, which will probably be around eh I dont know....tommorrow maybe? :D

Actions speak louder than words Mr., I travel at lightspeed compared to you because of my dedication. So tommorrow, I will be better than you at what you do best.....

hey... i'm happy for ya... glad you're stuff is working fine...

be happy for me...

Yea sure, I will show you the same amount of support you show me :)

Working on a major RPG project.......will showcase soon.

www.kevintillman1.wix.com/tillmansart

Kevin, I know you and alot of people here have basically only been using LE since what 2.30? Your POV is hindered because you haven't been around long enough.

The problem alot of people that have actually been here for awhile is changes making previous working code fail is not a new thing. These things keep happening over and over every new release. The previous releases forced people to completely update their projects if they expected to get a bug fix. Hopefully this will not be the case from now on and Josh will fix the current version's bugs before releasing a new version. This way it will be up to the user to decide if he wishes to upgrade his project for whatever the new version has for features or leave their projects in the previous version that is bug free.

I think alot of the unhappiness and frustration (at least for me) with LE over the last year or so, could have been avoided if bugs were fixed for the current version instead of forcing people to update to a new release just for bug fixes. Hopefully this will be the path taken going forward.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Kevin, I know you and alot of people here have basically only been using LE since what 2.30? Your POV is hindered because you haven't been around long enough.

You are 100% correct, I havent been around long enough to form an opinion..

I think alot of the unhappiness and frustration (at least for me) with LE over the last year or so, could have been avoided if bugs were fixed for the current version instead of forcing people to update to a new release just for bug fixes. Hopefully this will be the path taken going forward.

Second that. I think it's crucial when starting something big that you're confident with the version of the engine you choose. There shouldn't be a need of upgrading for the sake of bug fixes because that will lead to go in circles (new version -> new bugs etc.)

desktop: Quad core Q6600 + 4GB + ATI HD4890 + XP

laptop: Dual core T6400 + 4 GB + NVidia 9600M GT + Vista 32

also I must say, this topic is about stranded, so i think this topic of bugs should go elsewhere, if Pixel wants to express his concerns over leadwekrs in his own thread then thats his choice to do so, but I dont think this topic should be continuously discussed by everyone on Pixels showcase thread...

You are 100% correct, I havent been around long enough to form an opinion..

didn't say you didn't have a right to an opinion... i said your POV of the problems and frustration people are having is hindered because you haven't been affected like alot of people that have been here for quite awhile...

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

didn't say you didn't have a right to an opinion... i said your POV of the problems and frustration people are having is hindered because you haven't been affected like alot of people that have been here for quite awhile...

Oh I see what you mean..

Guest Red Ocktober

don't waste your time with Kevin...

i know Kevin from the 3DRAD board... he was over there tellin everyone how dedicated he is to 3DRAD... now he's over here talkin shiite, tryin' to tell me how dedicated he is to Leadwerks...

he's just as full of it as (insert your choice of name here) is, only difference is that he can model a lil...

noone's offended Kev... these people have been around for a while... they know who you are... they just consider the source...

keep messin with me and i'll show everyone how those screenshots of some sorta zombies you posted a few days ago were the same ones posted on the RAD noard of some pirates... or they sure looked very similar :)

--Mike

don't waste your time with Kevin...

i know Kevin from the 3DRAD board... he was over there tellin everyone how dedicated he is to 3DRAD... now he's over here talkin shiite, tryin' to tell me how dedicated he is to Leadwerks...

he's just as full of it as (insert your choice of name here) is, only difference is that he can model a lil...

noone's offended Kev... these people have been around for a while... they know who you are... they just consider the source...

keep messin with me and i'll show everyone how those screenshots of some sorta zombies you posted a few days ago were the same ones posted on the RAD noard of some pirates... or they sure looked very similar :P

--Mike

LOL GO AHEAD.....point is, I will be successful, and thats all THAT MATTERS LOL.

LMAO as a matter of fact, would you like me to start a new thread about me so itll give you a head start while your doing all your research about me? lmao

and not only that, what the hell were you doing on the Rad Forums lol?

Plus, If I can come from wanting to use 3dRad to leadwekrs and accomplish this much in 4 months and a lot of people on these forums have been here for a year or more that should tell you something eh Red?

So do what you will...

lol I serioisly didnt know you knew so much about me, lmao thats hilarious

The guy who came from 3drad, and the guy who probably has a better chance at getting a game published than most ppl, how ironic :D

dedication :)

Guest Red Ocktober

you're starting to sound like a babbling idiot Kevin... i had licensed 3DRAD a year before your face ever appeared there... i've been following Leadwerks for years, before there was even a Leadwerks to speak of...

as far as how i know so much about you... go over to the 3DRAD board and do a search for Mike Hense... but first put on your sun glasses so you don't get blinded by the amount of stuff i wrote for the community over there... have ya become so stoooopified that you can't remember someone called Mike Hense trying to help you out on many occasions over there...

as far as you're concerned... anyone here can go over to the RAD boards and search for Kevin Tillman, and they'll see how pathetically inept you actually were over there...

now you're here...

are you gonna shut up now... or do you want me to continue...

lets hope you do better with LW than you did with 3DRAD (which was much easier to work with)...

nothin' but luv for ya baby...

--Mike

Oh well hello there mike hense :D

here you go everyone....

http://www.3drad.com/forum/index.php?topic=2862.0

http://www.3drad.com/forum/index.php?topic=3213.0

Now....

as far as you're concerned... anyone here can go over to the RAD boards and search for Kevin Tillman, and they'll see how pathetically inept you actually were over there...

If thats so, how am I able to achieve great results with Leadwerks in such a short amount of time compared to most and I dont even ask for help on the forums? Please tell me... my goal is to make games and be damn successful at doing it! Now, you can think your so awsome because youve written stuff for 3dRad, but if thats your goal then fine. But its my goal to make games fool. How dare you say pathetically inept, you have no idea how hard I have worked to get where I am today. Like I said before Idiot, yes you may know more about me in programming, but I am light years ahead of you by far, and you know it.

i had licensed 3DRAD a year before your face ever appeared there... i've been following Leadwerks for years, before there was even a Leadwerks to speak of...

my point exactly Mike Hense :) My goal is to have my own studio making games. At this point in my life, I have overcome all my fears of even thinking I am not capable of achieving anything. Now go and try to do something thats even worthy of a game, o wait I forgot, you cant model, texture, rig OR ANIMATE! Hows that crappy submarine coming along? Is it animated, does it have a spec map?

AND PLEASE BY ALL MEANS. show whatever 3drad posts I havent included :P

Guest Red Ocktober
Oh but guess what, I am completely capable of being better than you 10 times fold at what you do...

why do all the nut cases gravitate to me... ROTLMAO...

Kevin... seriously... who gives a shiite whether you can make a model better than i can ... your a legend in your own mind... don't compare yourself to me dear child... get a life... find a girl friend... go to the beach... do anything you want... just as loong as it doesn't include me...

and i'm happy for you big boy... really... nuthin but luv from mike... :):D:P

If thats so, how am I able to achieve great results with Leadwerks in such a short amount of time compared to most and I dont even ask for help on the forums?

and, if you don't mind... in your most humblest of posts... could you point out which great results would that be...

--Mike

why do all the nut cases gravitate to me... ROTLMAO... who gives a shiite whether you can make some toy model better than me... your a legend in your own mind...

who gives a shiit if you can code better than me! :)

and, if you don't mind... in your most humblest of posts... could you point out which great results would that be...

actions speak louder than words, I dont have to point out anything

Your opinion of me being a nutcase = true

me getting a game published = TRUE

I can see youve run out of legitamite stuff to say mr. 3drad programmer, so on that note im done...youve wasted a valuable amount of my time Mike Hense, just like you did with your own time since 2 years ago.

Only advice I can say is, if you want to be an indie then step your game up.

Guest Red Ocktober

just like i thought... another looser...

goodbye Kevin... :):D:P:lol::P

this has been fun... but i've got things to do that are just a buit more improtant than listening to your pathetic cries for help... go log onto looser_anonymous.com, or somewhere if you really have to annoy someone...

besides... don't ya think that you should let the thread get back to some semblence of rational discussion that the original poster started it out on...

--Mike

besides... don't ya think that you should let the thread get back to some semblence of rational discussion that the original poster started it out on...

ummm if you go and look at the third page you will see this is what I was trying to do :)

Dammn and I thought I talked too much...

Guest Red Ocktober
No wonder I hardly get support on these forums, jelousy is a sad sad emotion...

yeah... it's just terrible isn't it... everybody wants to be you...

ROTFLMFAO :):D:P

come on now... would ya pleeeease stop :lol::P:lol:

i can't take any more :lol: hahahahahaaaaa...

--Mike

One of the things I like about this community is it is very positive, and criticism is almost always constructive. Please be nice to each other.

I understand there are some frustrations right now, but let's not let that make us lose our cool.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.