..Test this, if you please..

Naughty Alien

..hi guys..i just need to test this over various platforms, and ill appreciate if you confirm that everythings working just fine...just click on to ground and see is it working pathfind+animation..also leave it in idle (no pathfinding) for a 20 seconds in order to see side idles automatically trigerred...I need to know is it working or not..thank you in advance..

picai.jpg

here is download link

http://www.easy-share.com/1912022762/CNA.exe

Downloading now m8 will check in a few mins for you.

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

Yep all works fine m8 (system specs in sig) pathfind + animation all seem to be working well. I noticed no problems running the exe ... idle animations kicked in and look really good.

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

Well, I gave it a good bashing and it functions with no problems on my system spec.

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

I do have some problems on my laptop (see specs); there's just a gray screen.

When enabling debugphysics with right mouse, I do see the bodies, but nothing else.

When clicking with left mouse to select a destination, and then clicking right next to that destination, the cylinder will sometimes "jump back" a square, and then continue to go towards the new destination. Note that I always keep the right mouse pressed (otherwise I'd see nothing)

desktop: Quad core Q6600 + 4GB + ATI HD4890 + XP

laptop: Dual core T6400 + 4 GB + NVidia 9600M GT + Vista 32

Ran perfectly fine on my ATI desktop, I can see now why the character is "jumping back", he's returning to the previous node.

Maybe you can delete that first node if the character is already on his way towards the second one.

Did you use smartpacker/molebox/something like that?

hey cocopino..jumping back may be because of rendering speed..DLL calculating everything and passing back data to main program, so on slower rendering speed it may cause such issue..its not a problem, I just wanna test extreme situations for DLL..jumping back is actually DLL correction so its good(testing)..everything is packed with MoleBox Pro.., also I would like to see more results from ATI guys, becayse DLL uses Open CL to get search results and ATI is a bit problematic with it so I will appreciate response from ATI folks..

It's not really "jumping back" but more "going back".

As you can see in this picture, the character is heading the wrong way:

post-79-097139800 1282823180_thumb.jpg

You can simulate this by left mouse doubleclicking, the second click a little distance away from the first click.

This is what happens on my Nvidia 9600M GT (ATI HD4890 is working fine):

post-79-009154000 1282823404_thumb.jpg

Driver version 8.17.12.5896 which I believe is the latest.

Works fine on my system and I really like your little animated character ... great fun!

Only criticism is it seems to suffer from some very zig zag path generation at times which looks every un-natural and also (my system also got criticised for this same thing) it doesn't attempt to smooth the direction turns at all.

I would like to see this in a densely populated environment too to be able to better assess it, just about any algorithm should be able to negotiate its way round this test level without any issues.

Looking good though, nice to see so many alternate path finding systems coming on line now ;)

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

NA, i think he is referring to the character always moving back to the starting point... so if you click a point for the character to walk towards... wait for the character to start walking, then click another point right next to where you originally selected, the character will turn around and walk back to the starting point then continue to go the selected point.

I assume this could be easily taken care of by just increasing the grid mesh to allow for more points in between... or just use grid points that are actually between the controller and the end point, removing the previous start point...

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Macklebee is right, I made a vid to show what I mean:

http://www.cocopino.eu/download/CNA.avi

As you can see the character is constantly returning to the previous node.

This is probably not something that will happen when using the pathfinder for AI purposes, but when making a point-n-click/RTS/strategy game this can happen.

Looks to me as if its just chosing the nearest node as the starting node when the previous path is invalidated rather than the nearest node in the intended direction of travel! With sizable node spacing this is quite noticable.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

...ahh..thats actually not error..whats going on is that returned start node is closest to character at moment of click and its returned in new calculated path...obviously, such fast clicking causing that returned path is with same start node simply because character is at that moment simply closest to that searchable node...and thats about it..every time click is made, new path is created and old one discarded...thats all..

...ahh..thats actually not error..whats going on is that returned start node is closest to character at moment of click and its returned in new calculated path...obviously, such fast clicking causing that returned path is with same start node simply because character is at that moment simply closest to that searchable node...and thats about it..every time click is made, new path is created and old one discarded...thats all..

Hey, you told me to test so I test :lol:

But actually, when playing a Command & Conquer style game this can happen quite often. It does look a bit weird, doesn't it?

The starting point is always the location of the character, unless you want your character to teleport ;) It then moves to the first node selected in the path. The first node needs to be the closest node in the intended direction of travel as I'd previously suggested. Simply choosing the closest node is not always good practice as this may lead your character away from the goal initially which is exactly what is happening here!

As obstacles may sometimes result in the path going away initially from the intended target to avoid the obstacle this is not always as straight forward as it may seem. Welcome to the world of path finding :lol:

I would say that if moving to the first node in the path results in you getting further away from the next node in the path then you probably lie between the two and should ignore the first node and head for the second so long as there is a clear line of sight between you and the second and no unwalkable areas in between.

i meant the controller as being the first node/starting point which would require that it be separate from the grid... but w/e... we are suggesting the same thing just different way to achieve it... but having it pick the node closest in the direction of the intended path would definitely resolve the issue.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

It's working fine, but I found a bug (sorry) :lol:

IF I'm selects a destination as opposed to the current leadership, and it has not yet reached the first destination. This may occur immediately or after a

certain time

AMD X4 640

4 GO

ATI 5770

Seven Home 64 bits

Nicolas