..Test this, if you please..

Naughty Alien

Yes, that's what I meant post #9:

if the controller/character is in between two waypoints (distance controller->waypoint2 is smaller than distance waypoint1->waypoint2) delete the first waypoint and go straight to the second.

desktop: Quad core Q6600 + 4GB + ATI HD4890 + XP

laptop: Dual core T6400 + 4 GB + NVidia 9600M GT + Vista 32

granted this was not what NA wanted to find out... his original question was to just see how well it worked on different platforms/cards... I am sure NA has already taken care of this lil "glitch"... just it wasn't part of his requirement for testing purposes...

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

@ ICare, im not sure i understand bug..do you mind post some video please?

As for nearest node...well, there are few solutions for that..it may be simple check over last first node compared with first of new path returned and then just skipped or just increase density (grid generator does it easy)..so its okay..this is general purpose test and there is no logic set behind search algo, how to behave on specific inputs..also, logic behind path algo should be related to last path node found, based on distance between last node and target, and such distance determining new path search or not, so in case that target is further than attack arrea, new path is returned..if not, no matter how many time you click for new path, it will not be returned, etc...there are many logic ways , depending on needs, so this one is general purpose as i mentioned..so if you clicking all time of course, ever time you do that, new path is returned and if in new returned path is same first node, character will follow that what causing that 'bug'..but its actually not a bug, just a plain path search with no specific set of rules for path search itself, its just returning new path any time you click...thats all..

granted this was not what NA wanted to find out... his original question was to just see how well it worked on different platforms/cards

From my experience most users care little for what is going on 'under the hood' just simply that it works and looks realistic. If something doesn't look right they will say. Any demos I've ever shown people pick up on all sorts of things even though they are often not the focus of the demo at all. It's all good feedback which isn't a bad thing. Whether we do anything with that feedback is entirely up to us, but it's good that people take the time to provide it imho.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

..its all fine guys...I do respect everyone here who spent some personal time to test lil proggy of mine in order to help me..i have no hardfeelings for anyone who spotted anything wrong in any sense..so, major thing i wanted to see that entire animation-character control-pathfind, works under OpenCL and im happy about it..cheerss my good guys :)

I'm not trying to be clever or annoying, I'm just used to testing applications for weird behavior and these were my results when stressing it :)

As Pixel says, it's entirely up to NA what to do with it.

desktop: Quad core Q6600 + 4GB + ATI HD4890 + XP

laptop: Dual core T6400 + 4 GB + NVidia 9600M GT + Vista 32