Videos

Porsche

You could put each frame as a jpg file in a pak file, and then load each pictures into memory. Then you can "playback" the images from memory at any speed you want, along with playing an ogg sound for the soundtrack.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

You could put each frame as a jpg file in a pak file, and then load each pictures into memory. Then you can "playback" the images from memory at any speed you want, along with playing an ogg sound for the soundtrack.

This doesn't sound very efficient.

Eh... there are plans for multiple cut-scenes of varied lengths. I don't think this solution would be optimal. I found a few guides online that show C++ handling AVIs.

simpleSigPNG.png

Artist, Animator, Musician, P/T Programmer

Dual Core @ 2.6GHz per /nVidia 9600 GT/ 4 GBs DDR3 6800 / XP Pro 32/64 Bit

Photoshop CS3 / 3D Studio Max 8 / VS '08

Is there any way to get a pointer to a texture's data? If so it shouldn't be too complicated to integrate one of the free decoder libraries to decode the video data and write it to the texture memory. Then you could render that texture to a 2D overlay or play it back on an in game 3D object. Same would need to be done w/ the audio data unless you separated it and created a sound from that.

Are the texture data and sound data buffers available in LWE? If so I wouldn't mind taking a shot at integrating it, would be nice to be able to add another check mark on the feature comparison charts.

Windows 7 x64 - Q6700 @ 2.66GHz - 4GB RAM - 8800 GTX

ZBrush - Blender

I needed better sound support in the projects I am working on, it was piss easy to integrate FMOD, and it even boosted my FPS 3-4 in situations where I was using lots of sounds compared to Leadwerks with OpenAL.

52t__nvidia.png nVidia 530M cpu.gif Intel Core i7 - 2.3Ghz 114229_30245_16_hardware_memory_ram_icon.png 8GB DDR3 RAM Windows7_Start.gif Windows 7 Ultimate (64x)

-----

IconVisualStudio16.png Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate google-Chrome.png Google Chrome PhotoshopLinkIndicator.png Creative Suite 5 icon28.gif FL Studio 10 MicrosoftOfficeLive.png Office 15

-----

csharp.png Expert cpp.png Professional lua_icon.png Expert BMX Programmer

-----

i-windows-live-messenger-2009.pngskype-icon16.pngaim_online.pnggmail.pngicon_48x48_prism-facebook.pngtunein-web.pngyahoo.giftwitter16.png