GUI system

Ywa

If there's a viable third party GUI library that exists, why are people requesting a new one? This indicates to me the existing libraries are too difficult to use, or difficult to integrate properly.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

or difficult to integrate properly.

I would like to use either GWEN or CEGUI. But they don't got Delphi support, and porting it myself would be a lot work. While, in my opinion, every mature game engine should have one included.

If there's a viable third party GUI library that exists, why are people requesting a new one? This indicates to me the existing libraries are too difficult to use, or difficult to integrate properly.

You would be right. Trying to create a generic GUI that is flexible enough for everyone and every system will almost always end up being complicated to use and integrate. CEGUI is a prime example of this, but the creator doesn't actually care about that much. I talked with him on their forums when I was getting it to work with LE, and he created it for his own needs and just gave out the source to be nice, but he doesn't much care about making it easy to use. Plus it uses many 3rd party libraries so it gets complicated by that also.

Well, I am not really requesting a new one since CEGUI is working just fine but since you showed interest in building one anyway I was suggesting HTML/XML as a file format.

The 3rd party libraries are quite easy to use and integrate in C++ once you get through the docs. The main problem that started this thread was using the existing libraries with Delphi.