GMFConf Model Converter - Alpha Version

tkunze

With the link below you can download the model converter i use to import my assets into leadwerks. It works on folder level and provides the following features:

- Scale model by a fixed scale factor

- Scale model to a specific height

- Create MAT files for the models

The converter is working for OBJ, FBX and GMF files. OBJ and FBX will be converted using the standard LeadWerks conversion tools obj2gmf and fbx2gmf. Please read the README.DOC for a short description.

The converted models will be created into a subfolder output which will be added to the directory where your models are located. This folder will contain the GMF files, the MAT files and the texture files (this files must be converted to dds upfront).

As mentioned above the tool is in alpha state so please keep your original models. I did not found any problem with the created and scaled GMF files but you never know...

I updated the attachment to fix the Vista problems (see thread below)

GMFconf.zip

Thanks tkunze, the help file is looking like there's a lot of possiblities with this!

But I get a "side by side configuration" error, I guess I'm missing a redistributable package. Can you tell me which one?

desktop: Quad core Q6600 + 4GB + ATI HD4890 + XP

laptop: Dual core T6400 + 4 GB + NVidia 9600M GT + Vista 32

@cocopino: I could verify the problem on Vista and changed the code generation to static. Now it should work.

I figured out some issues with FBX because the fbx2gmf.exe modifies the main matrix of the GMF file (scaling, rotation...). This is not handled at the moment. But what i learned from some threads in the forum is that this will lead to problems with physics anyway.

The safest use is to create the GMF files with unwrap3d and than use GMFconf to scale the models and create the material file in batch mode.