GPU driver crash - plz help !

allaak

Hey guys, I hope you can help me cause I am very interested by the leadwerks engine but i have a BIG problem with the sandbox editor :

I try to make a 4096 terrain with 4 textures and my GPU driver crash, so back to windows with the msg "the display driver not responding and was recovered"

I use the last Nvidia driver (258.96)

I notice that in the Artic demo too but all other example work fine

Notice that all other games and benchmark run well at max setting 1920x1080 dx9,dx10,dx11 and openGL

my desktop and LeEditor resolution is 1280x720 or 1280x768 60hz

My graphics card is an MSI Cyclon gtx 460 (1024mo)

OpenGL 4.0

The strange things i notice is that the editor crash at 99% gpu usage and only 50°

Is anybody get that problem or do you have any idea ?

btw

Leadwerk 2.3

I have try this a dev driver (259.31 - opengl 4.1)

same crash at the same gpu usage

the message after the crash talk about "nvlddmkm"

http://mfalez76.voila.net/crash.jpg

Hello, i have no problems with the engine and those drivers on my side, but i dont know how it is with the LE evaluation demo, the engine had a lot of bugfixes since this demo was built. i recommand you to buy it and if the problems persist Josh will surely fix it quite fast :)

If you have some questions about the engine, feel free to ask :D

You guys are going to be the death of me. Josh

the msi cyclon is overcloked (725mhz) so i try to downclocked with the nvidia recomandation (675mhz)

but the problem is the same exept that the card crash at 88% :)

i can't buy the engine if i can't use it (in my test i have no vegetation no model only 1 terrain and 4 texture)

i should try to make the same test in code (bmax) to see if the problem come from the editor

any idea plz reply

I recently solved a problem I believe is causing this behavior in the older demo version. I am pretty sure the full version 2.40 has fixed this problem, since we experienced something very similar on the same hardware.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I recently solved a problem I believe is causing this behavior in the older demo version. I am pretty sure the full version 2.40 has fixed this problem, since we experienced something very similar on the same hardware.

thx for the infos, I made some test :

- set windows to use performance instead of economy energy

- disable link between core clock and shader clock

so the core frequency is more stable

the crash is always here but after 10min vs 2min

Is there any demo with 2.4 ?

if not can you sent me a compiled version of artic demo with 2.4 ?

Hmm ... strange ... looks like i have now same problem with NV 258.96 (before i have installed 197.13) and full version of LE (2.40), after installation this one DRV crash ALL programs - Editor, Engine and my programs too. In DEBUG mode from BLIde, program is stopped in buffer.bmx. More infos i can't get, because this is LE core.

Log look like:

Leadwerks Engine 2.40
Initializing Renderer...
OpenGL Version: 3.3.0
GLSL Version: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
Render device: GeForce 8800 GTX/PCI/SSE2
Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
DrawBuffers2 supported: 1
32 texture units supported.
GPU instancing supported: 1
Max batch size: 64
Shader model 4.0 supported: 1
Conditional render supported: 0
Loading shader "zip::e:/_3d_engines/leadwerks engine sdk 2.40 final/tools/adn/shaders.pak//query.vert", ""...
Invoking script "E:/_3D_Engines/Leadwerks Engine SDK 2.40 Final/Scripts/start/collisions.lua"...
Invoking script "E:/_3D_Engines/Leadwerks Engine SDK 2.40 Final/Scripts/start/fliphook.lua"...
Invoking script "E:/_3D_Engines/Leadwerks Engine SDK 2.40 Final/Scripts/start/globals.lua"...
Loading shader "", "incbin::../../TerrainColorAndLight.frag"...
Loading shader "", "incbin::../../TerrainColorAndLight.frag"...
Loading texture "e:/_3d_engines/leadwerks engine sdk 2.40 final/models/entities/light/directional/light_directional_icon.dds"...
Loading model "e:/_3d_engines/leadwerks engine sdk 2.40 final/models/entities/light/directional/light_directional.gmf"...
Loading mesh "e:/_3d_engines/leadwerks engine sdk 2.40 final/models/entities/light/directional/light_directional.gmf"...
Loading material "e:/_3d_engines/leadwerks engine sdk 2.40 final/materials/effects/invisible.mat"...
Loading script "e:/_3d_engines/leadwerks engine sdk 2.40 final/models/entities/light/directional/light_directional.lua"...
Creating class light_directional

[HW] C2D Q6600, 4GB RAM, NV8800GTX, Vista Ultimate x64

[sW] Blide Plus, BlitzMax, Delphi, C++, 3DWS 5.53, Leadwerks 2.xx

76561197970156808.pngAndyGFX.png

There is no demo for version 2.40, but I need to make one soon.

someone can post the artic demo compiled with another version that the 2.3 ?

my evaluation time is near and i need to know if it work before i buy.

If not, i will come back to b3d+fastExtension cause i was near to my final project

After a long walk on the artic map without problem i change 1 by 1 some of the visual setting.

It seems that the crash of my gpu come from the anisotropic filter,

no problem with any other engine, very strange.

I need to test one more time tomorow cause i don't want to kill my gpu

btw i got 150/200 fps with default setting :)

Hmm ... strange ... looks like i have now same problem with NV 258.96 (before i have installed 197.13) and full version of LE (2.40), after installation this one DRV crash ALL programs - Editor, Engine and my programs too. In DEBUG mode from BLIde, program is stopped in buffer.bmx. More infos i can't get, because this is LE core.

Please update your SDK. I believe this problem has been fixed here:

http://leadwerks.com/werkspace/index.php?/tracker/issue-140-canvas-resize-exception-access-violation/

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.