Current example code and Le 3

cassius

I think there can be a simple cheat sheet in the Wiki which says how to convert old code to new code. Most of the code will be the same anyway, but some changes in the abstract file system will come.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

This is what I hate about LE and why I still use Blitz3D. I just hate commands and methods changing. Having to go through 20 lines of code that I hand-wrote to scour for what needs changing really hurts.

Does anyone else find it annoying or is it just me? I know I complain a lot, but this really is a terminal problem for me and keeps pushing me back to the warm teet of Blitz3D.

Blitz3D is dead and no development had been happening in the last 20 years. It's not exactly a better choice either to have a static command set just because the product is not being developed and supported anymore.

The best choice is to have a product which is being developed and which keeps maximum backwards compatibility. Microsoft has never managed to do any kind of backwards compatibilities, while Lotus has managed to do that even for their 1989 version of Notes/Domino.

If LE is even a bit into the Lotus skills, it will be perfect.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

I agree with lumooja, however there are also changes to be made to the editor which may entail changing model names and folders.I have recently re done all mine to the current le style and it was very time consuming.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

There won't be any command or structural changes to LE2, although new features are still being added.

LE3 is a whole new engine with a new approach. The goal of LE2 was to provide a programming SDK for programmers that was higher-level than OpenGL and was still flexible. LE3 is going to have a lot more built-in features and systems. My goal is to have you get straight to game programming, instead of messing around with GUIs, AI, etc. I also want to start producing games myself with it.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

This is what I hate about LE and why I still use Blitz3D. I just hate commands and methods changing. Having to go through 20 lines of code that I hand-wrote to scour for what needs changing really hurts.

Does anyone else find it annoying or is it just me? I know I complain a lot, but this really is a terminal problem for me and keeps pushing me back to the warm teet of Blitz3D.

you just wanted a chance to say, "warm teet"

Core I5 2.67 / 16GB RAM / GTX 670

Zbrush/ Blender / Photoshop CS6 / Renoise / Genetica / Leadwerks 3

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic concept behind LE3,

Last I heard the gaming industry was worth $22 bil, that's a lot of people getting hooked on video games and with that it's easy to get inspired and want to create your own. The challenge is that making video games has always required a decently steep learning curve; When kids want to start making a video game they want to start now, they don't want to learn to start, so to lower the educational curve higher the "level" ie: use Leadwerks instead of pure OpenGL.

Leadwerks 3 is taking it to the "next level" by providing more simplification to accomplish typically complex tasks. Widening the current target market through cross-platform compatibility and a lowered learning curve.

It makes me excited to observe the kind of progress Josh and leadwerks are making

5c8e5100fc6df22c8938ce77ed686a42.png = OpenGL