A quick test anim

GIMPY73

Cheers Aggror and Richard.

Now that its rigged i'll work on a texture for it , then do more animations.

Then take the hands and arms off for a first person view with the weapons

Thanks

Gimpy73 :)

The model looks good - much better than I can do ATM.. but I'm sure you can do better with animations, maybe look at some reference walk cycles or if you're using MAX there's a free .bip motion package floating around the net that's worth a try.. :)

Myself, I'm stuck coming up with animated FPS hands, I would even buy them if I found something appropriate - but no luck so far. So in the mean time I'm brushing up my modelling skills, in the hopes I can produce something half decent... My biggest problem is - I can't really visualize how I would go about animating the hands, maybe if I do it your way of animating first on a full character than taking them off would be easier for me i think.. :)

Anyway nice work so far, and please let us know how you progress!

Thanks Paramecij.

I'm still working on this at the moment. I also struggled to come up with a good pair of hands for FPS , and also had ideas on how it should look.

But in the end i thought do a full character (first human ever lol) , get back into animation and see about doing the hands later.

Its abit of a long route just to get a good pair of animated FPS hands , but i'll have a generic character as a bonus at the end of it :)

Thanks

Gimpy73 :)