DEXSOFT Packs

dexsoft-games

Hi,

I read in old forum in our thread that a lots of you have sucsesfully converted many our old packs into gmf format. Please if you want to share with rest of members send us and we will update all those packs so all who bought them will be able to re-download.

Also we will give you some free packs for conversions we publish.

I only want to say that exchanging converted packs between you guys is forbiden and clear brake of licence. You are allowed to change and modify only for your needs, not to give to others even if they own licence.

Because of that I want to place them on our site and all of you will benefit from that.

We will continue to provide gmf formats with new packs.

Thnx

Great :)

i really like you models. one suggestion please let us know how we can download them. Will they be included in the current download packs or do you establish a seperate download link?

Maybe we can make a list of packs here and who has the conversion or is willing to convert it. so that the work is only done once?

DEXSOFT PACK LIST
========================================================
WARRIOR			NoOdle		06.December.2009
SLUM			NoOdle		06.December.2009
KNIGHTRESS		NoOdle		06.December.2009
HOUSES			NoOdle		06.December.2009
FARM			NoOdle		06.December.2009
BLACKSMITH		NoOdle		06.December.2009
CATHEDRAL		NoOdle		06.December.2009
VILLAGE			NoOdle		06.December.2009

cu

Oliver

Windows Vista 64 / Win7 64 | 12GB DDR3 1600 | I7 965 | 2 * 280GTX sli | 2 * 300GB Raptor | 2 * 1.5TB

When we update packs we will inform you here and you will be able to redownload. What you will need to do is to send us your old Order email and we will send you updated password to redownload files.

Please, dont go here public with converted list, just email me at info@dexsoft-games.com

I will pick all best conversion and when we publish we will inform here and by email

I think a public list does make sense. It enables us to directly ask the authors of the conversion in the (hopefully rare) case of problems:

• Palms
  • Brush Wood
  • Northern Vegetation
  • Flowers 1
  • European Foliage and Trees 1
  • Medieval Market Place
  • SciFi Hoovers
  • SciFi Tanks
  • Viper Scout
  • Town Castle (Although there seem to be some normal related problems with the LOD stages. I don't know whether they are related to the conversion and I doubt it to be honest)

Working on:

If you disagree - tell me. I will remove the list then.

Best Regards,

Erik

I noticed some normal related problems with the Walls & Towers pack which I am sorting out at the moment, I tried many different programs until finally one of them exported the mesh with no errors. So im still unsure as to wether the error is with the mesh or the conversion. Maybe this program is doing something automatically with the export that others arent?

I can see why Dexsoft don't wan't a list made until the official packs have been updated on their site as they may not be satisfied with the conversion and wish for someone else to submit another.

In any case, hoping to buy a few more packs soon with my december pay, I seem to be buying them out of habbit now lol

I noticed some normal related problems with the Walls & Towers pack which I am sorting out at the moment, I tried many different programs until finally one of them exported the mesh with no errors. So im still unsure as to wether the error is with the mesh or the conversion. Maybe this program is doing something automatically with the export that others arent?

What program did you use to fix the normals issue NoOdle? Erik kindly looked at some issues I had with normals in the Town and Castle pack and concluded, as I had, that these appeared to be in the underlying models and not his conversions. I have highlighted these problems with Dexsoft but they seem in no hurry to sort any of the issues preferring to just offer me a refund, in fact they have completely ignored my last email asking if they had looked any further into the issue. This does not fill me with confidence for future model packs if they are unprepared to rectify any issues that might arise! It's a real shame, as up until now I had considered them very reliable.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Normals do seem to be a issue.

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

Thanks NoOdle. I know that has a very good reputation for model file format conversions although I've never used it myself. I've downloaded a time limited demo version to try it. Maybe they rebuild the normals correctly when exporting.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

I have converted the Wizard, as you can see on the screenshots :)

What are the problems you ran into?

My Process was:

1. Convert and scale it in UU3D into FBX

2. Ran FBX2GMF

3. Convert the textures (reduce size and setup the material)

have some minor triangleface problem but as on my screens they are from the distance unnoticeable.

cu

Oliver

Windows Vista 64 / Win7 64 | 12GB DDR3 1600 | I7 965 | 2 * 280GTX sli | 2 * 300GB Raptor | 2 * 1.5TB

I have converted the Wizard, as you can see on the screenshots :)

What are the problems you ran into?

My Process was:

1. Convert and scale it in UU3D into FBX

2. Ran FBX2GMF

3. Convert the textures (reduce size and setup the material)

have some minor triangleface problem but as on my screens they are from the distance unnoticeable.

cu

Oliver

why not just convert straight from UU3D to GMF? Is there an issue doing it that way that I am not aware of? Just curious because I haven't had any noticeable issues doing it that way...

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

always when i convert it directly into gmf. i loose all the animations in the model. The filesize drops down to the raw mesh size plus 1 pose.

Using the workaround gives you all the animations. I tested it with 10 models and always the same. All programversions uptodate.

cu

Oliver

always when i convert it directly into gmf. i loose all the animations in the model. The filesize drops down to the raw mesh size plus 1 pose.

Using the workaround gives you all the animations. I tested it with 10 models and always the same. All programversions uptodate.

cu

Oliver

hmm don't have this issue at all.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

I am pleased to report I have reached an amicable conclusion regarding the normal issues with LOD models in the Town and Castle pack. Dejan Cicic (manager) at Dexsoft has accepted they have problems with their checking methods which resulted in these going un-noticed and has informed me they will put checks in place to prevent re-occurance of this. He will be fixing the issues I've highlighted in the new year.

I'm pleased with this outcome as I really like their model packs and am now quite happy to resume purchasing and recommend them to others.

going un-noticed? I hope then one of the new checks is that the monitor is turned on :unsure:

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

The new Palms pack looks great and seems to have absolutely no issues =)

Not had a single issue with the Palms pack all converted correctly for me, no mesh issues. But then the included mesh's had no issues.

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

For some reason, every couple of days it goes down. I think they have a problem with bandwidth from their hosting.

It's like JFK announcing the moon mission. He had no expertise in space travel, and no way of knowing if it would work. He just announced "we're going to the moon" and then they made it happen because everyone was on the same page and working towards the same goal. If he had said "well, let's get some people in space, and we'll see how far out we can get, and if I find someone to make a rocket strong enough, we could possibly approach the moon's orbit and maybe land" it wouldn't have happened.