Tutorial: Buildings and Adding Bones to Them

Pancakes

This tutorial is not very good. Sorry. It took forever to upload and now I'm grumpy, or at least I want to say I'm grumpy because I want to let the internet know how upset I am with it right now so that it can be ashamed of itself. I'm older than the internet so it should be more respectful.

Well anyways

It's on youtube. You MUST watch it in 1080 or u'll probably not be able to see the UI.

Okay I left notes on the video so go there. Bye

Core I5 2.67 / 16GB RAM / GTX 670

Zbrush/ Blender / Photoshop CS6 / Renoise / Genetica / Leadwerks 3

awww, thanks but I don't believe it, this tutorial sucks why can't I do anything right somebody even specifically asked me for help and this is what I regurgitated. *slits wrist

Well i think it a great tutorial Pancakes.

Why do you add bones to buildings tho ???

Also you seem to be great at using Blender , i've looked into Blender 2.5 and like the fact it has Sculpting , does it do re-topology aswell ???

Thanks

Gimyp73 :D

Well i think it a great tutorial Pancakes.

Why do you add bones to buildings tho ???

Also you seem to be great at using Blender , i've looked into Blender 2.5 and like the fact it has Sculpting , does it do re-topology aswell ???

Thanks

Gimyp73 :D

Thanks!

well, it's funny you say that, because in my opinion sculpting and retopology are really good in blender but Sculptris is better for sculpting and it's also free. So I would recommend Sculptris. (don't say I'm just a mindless blender nut :D )

Also 3dCoat retopology is just phenom so I'd also recommend 3dCoat for both retopo and textures.

Blender is still great in those areas though. I'd say Blender is about as good as Mudbox once you know how to use Blender. But Sculptris is still better imo. Animation and modeling is also great.

nice tutorial,

i have a question, why assign bones to a building ? a building is not animated, what's the use of bones ? :blink:

thanks,

Bones wise, Rick asked me about that. But at the end of the day, I ended up having export issues so it was pretty much useless to show it. The ModelViewer didn't open the file when it had bones. I'm not sure what the problem is but whatever. My eyes are on LE3 anyway. :)

Thanks Pancakes.

Yeah i play about with sculptris from time to time , and have looked into 3DCoat.

I wish Cinema4D had sculpting and re-topology. I think i'll play about with Blender some more :blink:

I've had no problems getting boned models into the engine tho , I save out as FBX then into UU3D , then save as GMF.

Thanks

Gimpy73 :D

Cool Tutorial ;). I was also curious about the bones on the building.

UU3D is definately worth an investment :D

I'm stubborn! I'm never going to buy it EVER!!!! lol

except if I actually do end up buying it

but I won't! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

The procedure is simple.

Add Cube

Select front face

E to extrude face.

S to width and height of this face

E to extrude again

G to grab and now push the face back into the cube to add depth

Now select a a face on the cube with right click

Shift + D to duplicate

G to grab this cube and move it somewhere to make it easier to see

E to extrude this face to add depth to it keep the width and height unchanged so it is a cube still

Then position this and Shift + D duplicate it and move those around to make shelves

hope it helps

Hello!

The procedure is simple.

hope it helps

Yep, makes sense now and will try it tonight. I still think in Q3radiant and are slowly switching to the blender way of things.

BMax 1.38 * Leadwerks 2.4 * Unity 3.0 Pro * Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 - Win7 64bit - ATI 4870