Just sending out a Howdy to All

tiridor

Howdy All,

Brand new here to the forums, but I've been perusing this site for about 2 months. I recently purchased a few items over at the game creators to help me get started and one of those was 3DWS. When I discovered they didn't create it, I came here to be utterly amazed at the beauty I saw in LE.

After that, I started by downloading the demo and downloading every vid tutorial I could from the wiki. As I didn't have the $250 for the engine at the time, I could only play around with the various tools in the demo, but that is what got me hooked. When I saw the price had dropped to $200, I knew I couldn't pass it up so I bought the engine and have been bugging Josh for the key(sorry Josh, I'm a little stoked ;) ). I never thought an engine of this quality could be available at the price it is. Kudos to your dedication to the indie developers!

Anyway, I'm probably not going to be around much as I'm finishing up my BCET degree and have little time between that, work, my side business, and my recently reawakened thirst for developing a game I've had in my head since my teens many a year ago. However, I will be reading the forums when I can and finishing the tutorials to brush up on 3D programming skills that I haven't used in a while. Any good external tutorial links would be most appreciated.

I'd love to get my hands on pureLIGHT too, but that's probably way out of my league atm anyway :) I'm going to have my hands full just trying to re-learn everything I forgot.

-T

btw, sorry for the wall-o-text.

Welcome aboard tiridor, glad you could join us and thanks for the introduction. It's a great engine and a great forum and community. I'm sure you'll be made very welcome. Good luck with the degree in the meantime and maybe we'll see more of you as time goes on.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Thx all for the welcome. Since getting the SDK, I've gone back through the first set of vid tutorials again and played around with different settings to get myself up to speed. As soon as I get my forum access I'll hop into some of the SDK discussions as well.

I'm going through the bodies tutorial tonight. I might have been further if I didn't have a final to study for this weekend, but such is life....work hard, play harder right?

As far as the language of choice, I'm thoroughly a c++ man. I've been programming for about 20 years (albeit self-taught and more as a hobby, so I still consider myself intermediate at best) and have used many different languages for various projects, but by c++ is my favorite.

-t