niv3k

multiple monitor editing/rendering in LE3

this would be a awesome future to me at least, since now i own a ps3 and could make games for it with LE3.

i wanna see how much my pc version of the game will end up looking compared to the ps3 release as in this video by crytek.

You would have to have a PS3 license to use Crytek's system or anything I would devise.

That seems cool, but really what's the point? If it looks exactly the same and plays the same, then why would you need that?

you said they're getting looser, so does that mean they're not caring as much of who uses the dev kits?

It means it might be easier to get them now. The cloth-works author just got one, and according to him their policies are changing.

I wonder if we could do something like this through networking for Windows / Mac / Linux?

I would think that's how this is done, although I still think it's maybe a nice to have, but not needed by any means.

i think we should have it as an extra tool for the editor, if people have more than one monitor.

i think we should have it as an extra tool for the editor, if people have more than one monitor.

For this you could just stretch the editor window over all you screens. Or the new editor could allow to define more views that have separate camera positions and appear in their own windows.

Well in the original post you're asking about a cross platform live sync&display type of functionality like CE 3, but what has this got to do with having multiple monitors?

it shows how each system looks with the engine. and its better to have two monitors than one full with windows/views.