Lua Simple Animation from a sbx

simpleprogrammer

Hello All,

I am a noobie to Lua and c++, I would like to learn this in Lua. However i would like to control mesh animation loaded into a Leadwerks scene.

Currently i have a mesh animated and want to control the animation with a keyboard key with sound started at the same time.

So how do you control a animated mesh with a keyboard key when it's loaded into a scene? Also my question is, Do i need to control the animation from inside the Editor and save it with the scene.

Let me know if am not clear on anything.

Thank you,

I don't know how to do it entirely in C++ but this is a way for Lua. When you do it with Lua you can either use the main program or use a per entity script (object script). I am going to explain the last one.

Lets say you have a gmf named soldier.gmf. You need to make soldier.lua file in the same folder as the gmf file. Then add some code:

require("scripts/class")

local class=CreateClass(...)

function class:CreateObject(model)
       local object=self.super:CreateObject(model)

function object:Render()    
       if KeyDown(KEY_UP)==1 then    
           frame = (AppTime()/35.0) % (ENDFRAME-STARTFRAME) + 1                
           model:Animate( frame, 1,0, 1 )         
       end
end

replace ENDFRAME with the last frame of the animation and STARTFRAME with the first frame of the animation. The /35 is used for the speed of the animation. You have to tweak it a little to your own needs.

Thank you that totaly helps :)

I am on my way now.

I don't know how to do it entirely in C++ but this is a way for Lua. When you do it with Lua you can either use the main program or use a per entity script (object script). I am going to explain the last one.

Lets say you have a gmf named soldier.gmf. You need to make soldier.lua file in the same folder as the gmf file. Then add some code:

require("scripts/class")

local class=CreateClass(...)

function class:CreateObject(model)
       local object=self.super:CreateObject(model)

function object:Render()    
       if KeyDown(KEY_UP)==1 then    
           frame = (AppTime()/35.0) % (ENDFRAME-STARTFRAME) + 1                
           model:Animate( frame, 1,0, 1 )         
       end
end

replace ENDFRAME with the last frame of the animation and STARTFRAME with the first frame of the animation. The /35 is used for the speed of the animation. You have to tweak it a little to your own needs.