FPS Creator Package

tkunze

If you need good looking zombies in your game for a decent price you should have a look to the FPS creator packages

on www.thegamecreators.com. What i like on this packages you'll get a bunch of full animated characters matching

a theme.

Below is one of the characters from the Zombie Apocalypse package in leadwerks. And this is just one from 12 different

zombies and creatures you'll get for ~20$.

There is some work to import the model but this is true for all packages which do not ship GMF.

gc_pack_zombie.jpg

Zombie Movie (Size ~5MB)

Several people have done this already... MG first explained to chiblue how he did FPSC conversions here and then chiblue created a post reiterating and expanding upon what MG explained about it here... and finally Josh created a tutorial from chiblue's post and put it in the tutorials section here...

am I not understanding the issue here or do people really not know how to convert models and textures to the appropriate formats needed for LE? Along with several posts here in this forum on ways to do the conversions, people can always ask questions if they get stuck.

and not knocking tkunze here, but is this really a post for the ShowCase forum? shouldn't this be in the Modeling or General Discussion forum? or at the very least the Off-Topic forum?

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

@macklebee: no worry. i am not that picky

However personally i think the thread fits pretty well into showcase and i also like the discussion about converting the files. If this will lead to getting the models packages in GMF i would highly apprecieate.

Why i want to highlight this packages is the fact that i see great screenshots with landscape but most times no characters. This packages give you a bunch of models matching a theme for a low price. If i buy from other sides i have to pay ~30$ for a single model. Here i get >10 models for 20$ and all models fit together. Same style - same theme - fully animated.

See below some more screenshots from the zombie and a fantasy theme pack.

lw_sc_zombie002.jpg

lw_sc_monster001.jpg

Yes the fpscreator packs are great as well as the gamecreators store which has tons of miscellaneous models to choose from...

@tkunze... its not being picky... i just didn't understand how this post would be a showcase item since you didn't create the models or textures or even a scene for them but just converted them to LE formats... but whatever... it takes less than 5 minutes to convert each model to be useable in LE including textures and mat files, so getting them in gmf format is not that big of a deal. And if its anything like the other content providers that try to make game ready models for LE, you are better off doing it yourself. If they do not have LE and are just using UU3D (like dexsoft) for the conversion, the scale will be way off.

macklebee's channel

did you buy the pack? if you did then you could convert it yourself in an hour or perhaps if you show tkunze proof that you bought the pack he would be willing to just hand over his conversions... for free or a small fee... :)

macklebee's channel

No, I did not bought the pack yet because I need GMF files not other formats :)

I will PM tkunze and ask him if he can help me converting to GMF. If the response will be affirmative than I will definitely buy.

? you realize hardly any content provider offers gmf format and those that do, rarely get it right. If you have UU3D you can easily convert in a matter of minutes and that includes setting the scales, confirming texture assignments... etc... and even the commandline tools that come with LE are pretty straightforward to use.

I am sure tkunze will be willing to help you... actually anyone here would do the same as well. Learning how to do these conversions is better for you in the long run, but if you are wanting to just have them done then there are several people around here that can do them quickly.

macklebee's channel

If you have UU3D you can easily convert in a matter of minutes and that includes setting the scales

The other stuff I agree with you. I find scale is a pain in the bum to get just right when I use 3rd party models. Scale, save as gmf to editor folder, open editor, drag in model, drag in comparing model (oil drum or whatever you like), compare, close editor, rescale, rinse and repeat until you get it right. That's so annoying. Would be cooler if we had a scaling program where we could load in another gmf file (like the oil drum) and get real-time scaling of our original gmf model, then save it as gmf.

I would be interested to know if there is a better way of doing this, because that's been my flow and it's a pain.

So does anyone know if we can see a video of the animations for some of these things? Specifically: http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_product&id=2049

well i use UU3D for everthing other than 3dworldstudio models... and setting the scale is simple... 1 square grid in UU3D = 1 square meter grid in LE... once you determine the scale you need to convert one model to, then just apply that same scale to all the other models... granted this assumes that the group of models you are converting have been created relative in size to each other...

macklebee's channel

The document below shows my import workflow. For the package it was less than 10 minutes work. The most painfull part is to load every model into Unwrap3d and save it manually as GMF. The scaling is no problem because this is an option in my conversion tool GMFCONV which you can download from the showcase forum.

The next part which is some work is to find out the animation ranges.

Each model ships an FPE file which contains the animation ranges but you have to find out by your own if it is an attack, idle or whatever animation.

There are always two parts of animation. The FPS Creator standard animation block and a special animation block for the model which is dedicated

to this model only.

You can use my tool GMFViewer to find out the animation types. In this tool you can set start and stop frame for the animation.

So overall there is some work but you get cheap models of a high quality.

And one thing i would like to mention is that possibly not all packages ship .X files. Some of them might run only with FPS Creator!!!The Pack 21, Pack 42 and Zombie Apocalypse will work.

The Pack 17 and the Pack 18 did only support FPS Creator when i bought them but this was 2 years ago so maybe it had changed.

convert.doc

I find scale is a pain in the bum to get just right when I use 3rd party models. Scale, save as gmf to editor folder, open editor, drag in model, drag in comparing model (oil drum or whatever you like), compare, close editor, rescale, rinse and repeat until you get it right. That's so annoying. Would be cooler if we had a scaling program where we could load in another gmf file (like the oil drum) and get real-time scaling of our original gmf model, then save it as gmf.

I would be interested to know if there is a better way of doing this, because that's been my flow and it's a pain.

For the scale stuff tkunze wrote a GMF viewer/editor which allow you to scale a GMF model very easily and export the result into another GMF file in the export folder. I just try it and it saves you very much time in the workflow.

PS: the best place for the GMFViewer download would be the DOWNLOAD>TOOLS instead of just inside a topic.

?? FRANCESCO CROCETTI ??

http://skaredcreations.com

And one thing i would like to mention is that possibly not all packages ship .X files. Some of them might run only with FPS Creator!!!

You see? This is bad for business. I mean I might buy something and then I find I cannot use. I know the Zombie Pack will work, but I speak in general.

If you want to sell something to me, you should try to make my life easier :)

And one more thing.. I do not have a Unwrap3d license and this way you force me to buy that program... this mean other money. Their BUY NOW link does not even work :)) "XML Parsing Error: no element found"

i5 2.7Ghz, GTS 450, 8GB Ram, Win7 x64; Win8 x64

rvlgames.com - my games

RVL Games Facebook Page, YouTube Channel

Blitzmax :)