Space Game Project GalaxyTrader

tkunze

Attached a screenshot and a movie from the game GalaxyTrader i am working on. It is mainly a space game but you can enter space stations and in this one something went obviously wrong...

The main part of the game will be fly around, fight and trade but it is possible to move into some specific areas within the story line.

High resolution movie (~21 MB)

Low resolution movie (~5 MB)

gt_station_zombie005.jpg

gt_station_zombie004.jpg

Looking good! I'd be interested in seeing some of your space based scenes as that's something I need to turn my attention back to soon. Always nice to see what other people are working on.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Attached a screenshot and a movie from the game GalaxyTrader i am working on. It is mainly a space game but you can enter space stations and in this one something went obviously wrong...

looking good ! the video is really convincing bravo :)

can't wait to see more of this

Windows 7 home - 32 bits

Intel Quad Q6600 - nVidia GTX 460 1GB - 2 GB RAM

• 11 months later...

attached some screens and a small testlevel showing the current progress of the zombie space station.

The zombies can be hit and they already have hit zones (hitting the body is less effective than hitting the head).

The movement is still my outdoor level logic, therefore the enemies are often trapped from level objects.

Currently i play around using the A* algorithm in combination with the OpenSteer library which looks

promising to provide good indoor movement.

Control for testlevel:

w/s keys = move

q key = sniper view

Right Mouse = shoot

There are still some errors in the animation ranges and the animation blending which need to be corrected.

Testlevel

GalaxyTrader_sample001.jpg

Sniper view pressing Q-Key

GalaxyTrader_sample001_sniper.jpg