Some Challanges

Zellpop

Hi .net peoples of Leadwerks. I'm making a game (but who isn't) and have met some obstacles on the way, and are hoping that someone here can nudge me in the right direction.

First som info about the game.

Its a 3D platform game where you drive/roll/jump around the world using a Sphere or similar gadget/device.

Controlling: W forward, S break, Space jump and right mouse button down for steering with the mouse left right.

After reading the online documentation Im still a tad lost. The Local axis(sphere) ends up all over the place as a result of the rolling.

So I found AddBodyTorque as a solution (witch hopefully gives me the possibility to use traction to surface at a later point), the ball is accelerating like I would expect.

But making it turn becomes very hard (the torque axis will very easy "loose" direction)

I see some solutions

* Start knitting instead, and use my PC as a paper weight

* Buy the game (if it exists)

* Use move or similar command instead

* Use a tyre/monobike contraption dymmy thingie thingie (so I can use torque)

* See what Aggror have done in his C# Sphere Game (a fast glance I couldn't find Torque there)

Im using LE.Net and VB.Net

So if you have some ideas for me Im happy to read them :blink:

Hopefully is there enough information here to get brains go in to Hyper-mode

Roy Vaulen

But making it turn becomes very hard (the torque axis will very easy "loose" direction)

I don't quite understand the problem you are facing.

Is there less traction than you expect for the sphere?

Does the sphere head in the camera's direction instead of it's initial velocity?

By the way,

I would recommend using Leadwerks.Net, a different library than the shortened LE.Net. Lazlo would be able to offer the link since the forums were rolled back a month or so. There have been a lot of valuable updates to the library that make it very easy to use with VB or C#.

By the way,

I would recommend using Leadwerks.Net, a different library than the shortened LE.Net. Lazlo would be able to offer the link since the forums were rolled back a month or so. There have been a lot of valuable updates to the library that make it very easy to use with VB or C#.

Oh really what the fawk. My links have been rolled back?

The credentials: leadwerks.chsarp/collaboration

You'd have to use clientside vector prediction and CalcBodyOmega / CalcBodyVelocity to achieve the desired movement. Calling the other "AddXXX" commands directly just gives you addititve physics, which is the complete opposite of what you want.

Optionally, you could use a simple spring to dampen the movement after you use AddBodyTorque or something similar; insanely high friction works as well.

52t__nvidia.png nVidia 530M cpu.gif Intel Core i7 - 2.3Ghz 114229_30245_16_hardware_memory_ram_icon.png 8GB DDR3 RAM Windows7_Start.gif Windows 7 Ultimate (64x)

-----

IconVisualStudio16.png Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate google-Chrome.png Google Chrome PhotoshopLinkIndicator.png Creative Suite 5 icon28.gif FL Studio 10 MicrosoftOfficeLive.png Office 15

-----

csharp.png Expert cpp.png Professional lua_icon.png Expert BMX Programmer

-----

i-windows-live-messenger-2009.pngskype-icon16.pngaim_online.pnggmail.pngicon_48x48_prism-facebook.pngtunein-web.pngyahoo.giftwitter16.png

You'd have to use clientside vector prediction and CalcBodyOmega / CalcBodyVelocity to achieve the desired movement. Calling the other "AddXXX" commands directly just gives you addititve physics, which is the complete opposite of what you want.

Optionally, you could use a simple spring to dampen the movement after you use AddBodyTorque or something similar; insanely high friction works as well.

Tyler what the?! Hi. Man... Argh. Come back!

And about that topic, I'd suggest frequent matrix updates with cubic spline interpolation.

• 4 weeks later...

Can't disagree with the matrix updates and spline interpolation, but if I recall Aggor's game I thought it used something with friction and forces, but it was more than a year ago so my memory is hardly reliable.

52t__nvidia.png nVidia 530M cpu.gif Intel Core i7 - 2.3Ghz 114229_30245_16_hardware_memory_ram_icon.png 8GB DDR3 RAM Windows7_Start.gif Windows 7 Ultimate (64x)

-----

IconVisualStudio16.png Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate google-Chrome.png Google Chrome PhotoshopLinkIndicator.png Creative Suite 5 icon28.gif FL Studio 10 MicrosoftOfficeLive.png Office 15

-----

csharp.png Expert cpp.png Professional lua_icon.png Expert BMX Programmer

-----

i-windows-live-messenger-2009.pngskype-icon16.pngaim_online.pnggmail.pngicon_48x48_prism-facebook.pngtunein-web.pngyahoo.giftwitter16.png