Leadwerks.Net Wrapper

Rekindled Phoenix

Credits to Lazlo (and several others) for creating this updated API for .Net developers using Leadwerks. Currently, only version .Net 4 is supported, and Visual Studio 2010 is the recommended IDE. Events, Inherited objects, and several other developer optimizations included.

New repository link!

SVN Repository

http://www.assembla.com/spaces/leadwerks/

https://subversion.assembla.com/svn/leadwerks-csharp/

Credentials

leadwerks.csharp / collaboration

Issues regarding the use of these libraries, add a post in this thread

For all other issues related to Leadwerks development for .Net in general, add a new thread

I would highly recommend TortoiseSVN

To view how to use it Click Here

This is not ZioRed's library, which does not support events / entity inheritance and is a direct copy of the Leaderks API. Find that here.

When logging in using the credentials you provided, I get a "Not permitted" error.

You do not login to the website itself.

Have you tried importing the files via TortoiseSVN?

Once installed, right-click any windows explorer folder and click "SVN Checkout"

URL of the repository is the URL above, along with credentials you will need to download.

If the version of the libraries ever changes, right-click the folder and select "SVN Update". The files will be updated accordingly.

Actually, I've tried to log in to the URL Lazlo provided in another thread (also assembla/leadwers/...), which didn't work either. That was definitely a SVN url.

I'll let you know if Tortoise works :)

[Edit]

Yea, just like I said, even with Tortoise it doesn't work. It doesn't even ask for credentials, but cancels with a 405 (Not allowed) ;)

Greets,

Philipp

Apparently, I removed public SVN access when I quit a couple of weeks ago out of the mess the Werkspace community implied.

The Werkspace community implied? you mean the very small percentage of those that use c# surely?

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

Apparently, I removed public SVN access when I quit a couple of weeks ago out of the mess the Werkspace community implied.

What do you mean Lazlo??

If something is bothering you, post it on the forum! Let your grievances be heard by all.

Some users on the forum quietly download and use the software provided, because it's there. The community is grateful for your efforts even if they do not express it.

So that new users aren't left out, I'm half-tempted to just host the files myself...

Anyone can message me regarding issues with the wrapper

The Werkspace community implied? you mean the very small percentage of those that use c# surely?

No, I meant these comments.

RP, feel free to host the files. If people are determined, they'll just reflector it.

I think Lazlo's C# implementation is a very good one and a great contribution.

Very well done Lazlo and even if I now are going back to C++, I still applaud you effort and work.

The reason why I'm back to C++ is NOT that its something wrong with Laszlos C# Leadwerks. NET.

In fact its great and a very good tool for C# users. No, No ... there reason is very simple.

I have been coding C++ since the language was public available (more than 20 years)

I have been coding C# for about 1 year.

Taking that into consideration its obvious why I'm back to C++. I can almost code C++ in my sleep :)

But for you young guys (which I'm definitely not at 57)I highly recommend to have a look at Lazlo's nice C# implementation

and see for your self in that's something of interest.

Anyway. Thanks Lazlo for doing a great work there.

Cheers

Roland

AV MX Linux

Indeed, coding in the language you're most fluent in sounds like a reasonable argument :)

For me, I started out with Visual Basic 6 around 7 years ago, then switched to C++ and about 2 years ago started to program in C#. By now I have to say that out of all these languages, C# is definitely my favorite language, not only for writing tools, but basically for writing any application that's not requiring functionality only available to C++. Even then I'm sometimes intrigued to just write a short C# wrapper for the few functionalities I need that are only available via C++.

So indeed, for all new developers (as well as for developers using .NET languages in general), Lazlo's Leadwerks.Net would be a great addition!

Greets,

Philipp

• 1 month later...

If you mean within your own application, it is possible.

I did a quick Google search found this link with several options regarding resources and embedded DLLs: Embed DLL within EXE

One option:

ILMerge

What I mean is does the C# wrapper need to be compiled as a net dll, or can the source code be included into the game's solution?

Intel Core i7 975 @ 3.33GHz, 6GB ram, GTX 560 Super OC, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

The project can directly be included into your solution.

After playing around with the command line it seems a .netmodule can also be created.

Intel Core i7 975 @ 3.33GHz, 6GB ram, GTX 560 Super OC, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

I don't take it the SVN has original source code? From a Refelctor-ish look and a lot of things I have learned in the past year, this wrapper needs refactored, if not rewritten in 90% of parts.

EDIT: Nevermind, HTML view was not showing the file list. SVN download grabbed all the files.

52t__nvidia.png nVidia 530M cpu.gif Intel Core i7 - 2.3Ghz 114229_30245_16_hardware_memory_ram_icon.png 8GB DDR3 RAM Windows7_Start.gif Windows 7 Ultimate (64x)

-----

IconVisualStudio16.png Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate google-Chrome.png Google Chrome PhotoshopLinkIndicator.png Creative Suite 5 icon28.gif FL Studio 10 MicrosoftOfficeLive.png Office 15

-----

csharp.png Expert cpp.png Professional lua_icon.png Expert BMX Programmer

-----

i-windows-live-messenger-2009.pngskype-icon16.pngaim_online.pnggmail.pngicon_48x48_prism-facebook.pngtunein-web.pngyahoo.giftwitter16.png

• 2 weeks later...

If you haven't been following the recent LE news, Josh has said he will officially support .Net languages.

Since Leadwerks.Net is an OO wrapper with inheritance, it will not be compatible with any "official" DLL releases in the future.

I am debating the future of Leadwerks.Net, whether it be an abstracted DLL that is compatible with the official files, or stay a completely separate "unofficial" release.

For those who use this library, what do you want?

I'd prefer responses from those who use Leadwerks.Net over any other wrapper

- Layer on top of official libraries (Compatibility!)

- Separate download stay unofficial (Flexibility!)