Viewports

NoOdle

It would be handy to have multiple viewports, like you would in a 3d modelling package, and like it is done in 3D World Studio. You could make it so that only one viewport is visible at a time if it would be easier to impliment. I dont think this would make it any less functional. Positioning and lining up entities from a top view is really handy, but having to fly to the location zoom in, pan etc takes alot of time when you are creating large scenes with lots of entities. It would also help to have the ortho view to get a better representation of the true placements of entities without the perspective distort.

I used your suggested setup a lot with brush based editors but since Bf2editor I never used it again. With drag,drop and snap to terrain its not used a lot anymore.

Only time I missed it is while I was working with rope setups for powerlines on my map.

Pure3d Visualizations Germany - digital essences

AAA 3D Model Shop specialized on nature and environments

yeah I was talking about the editor. Really the only view im missing is the top view, whilst the drag and drop is nice, fine tuning the positions is very tricky at the moment with the way the axis selection works, you have to fly around to the correct side and then move it, quite often from a position that doesnt really allow you judge properly. Maybe I'm just being really fussy.