Asset Store launch

Josh

I've finally got the Asset Store looking the way I want:

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/files

If you are a content author, get your files ready for July 25, when I will announce the launch. To apply to the merchant program, visit this page:

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/merchants

There will be some promotions going around for new licensees to get free store credit, so that means people will be spending in the store to buy your assets.

If you have any questions, just post here or PM me.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

..so how this suppose to work for code/applications ? I have to do what exactly, and how selling goes?? I mean, if I set price 20USD for my application, some percentage of it goes to AppStore or my price is topped up with that particular AppStore cost ?

Can you rephrase that question? I don't follow.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 2 weeks later...

The launch is going to be delayed until August.

1. We have a problem with the ordering system. The buy button is directing the user to "http" instead of "https".

2. We're putting out a press release about .NET support, and I want to stagger the news so the items are spread out a bit.

Can you rephrase that question? I don't follow.

I believe he was asking if it's a percentage of the purchase ($20) that is taken or if the percentage is added to the $20 USD as a new total. In which case the answer would be that the percentage of the $20 USD is taken and not added to the $20 USD price. Though I imagine if someone really wanted $20 for each asset they could add the percentage to the total themselves when posting it up at the store.

If you set an item's price to $20 you will get $14 every time a sale occurs, minus the per-transaction cost. A range of possible values for this is specified in the merchant agreement (It's something like $0.00 to $0.40, and may be adjusted as our transaction costs change). This is basically just so $0.99 items don't end up being a negative balance for us, since we pay a per-transaction fee. Fortunately, the cost of transactions on our merchant account is much lower than what you would get with an online payment system.

I have it set to $0.05 per transaction. So if you sell an item for $0.99, your account credit is 0.99 * 0.7 - 0.05 = $0.64. Obviously, as item price increases, the fixed cost of transactions lessons as a percentage of the total. $0.05 of a $0.99 transaction is more than 5%, but on a $20 transaction it's a negligible amount.

The fixed transaction cost is something we must pass on to you, or we will actually lose money on $0.99 transactions. If we are able to negotiate a better rate in the future we can lower this fee for you.

I don't know whether model packs or small individual items will sell better. We'll leave that to the free market to decide. :)

The ordering system problem has been resolved. :)

-The ordering process features 100% SSL-encrypted content, which will display in the browser.

-Customers can enter the CC info right on the site and order through our merchant account, instead of sending a PayPal payment.

-Customers can order with an account balance, and the seller can still request a payout for the amount earned.

-Sellers are protected from refunds because the transaction is governed by the same rules as a regular credit card purchase. Only in case of proven fraud is a refund issued. By contrast, a PayPal account lets the buyer requests a refund within 30 days for any reason, or no reason, and since no UPS tracking number can be provided, the buyer automatically gets their money back.

The Leadwerks Asset Store will be launched August 9th. I am composing a press release which will be sent out to tech magazines, bloggers, and journalists so we can maximize your exposure.

We’re also launching a promotion for the month of August. All new licensees will receive $20 account credit in the Asset Store. They can use this credit to purchase your assets, and you can request a payout in real money for your balance earned.

You may begin submitting your models now, and they will only be visible to you. On August 9th your paid items will all be approved for the launch.

If you need to review the terms of the merchant agreement, all information on this program can be found here:

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/merchants

• 2 weeks later...

I have been unable to obtain sufficient items to do this properly. We only get one chance to make an impression, so I am looking for more models before it is launched.

I somewhat missed the post from the "27 July 2011" - since my legal stuff should be sorted i might join too. I got many low price assets with in good shape / quality but some are not complete yet.

AMD 64 X2 Dual 5k - 4GB - XFX GForce9800GT - nv196.21 - WinXP Sp3

zBrush4R2 - Silo2Pro - Unwrap3DPro - Gile - MaPZone2.5

adv_banner-april2012_720x150_tex01.png

Xxploration FPS in progress ...

What kind of animated character assets do you think would be best. In my head it would be the kind of generic ones. For example, soldier, or civilin and more generalized characters. That way people can have a good base and edit them to be their unique character. However, I really wouldn't know because I'm not usually the type to buy models so maybe poeple do want full on main-characterish models???

If I have spare time I'll make one to contribute to the asset store. However, that all depends how long it takes to convert my 3DsMax skills into Blender Skills because I only have a student version of 3DsMax :) lol

STS - Scarlet Thread Studios

AKA: Engineer Ken

Fact: Game Development is hard... very bloody hard.. If you are not prepared to accept that.. Please give up now!

Why not asking the dexsoft or ateria guys if they like to sell on your asset store too? They offer animated characters.

I uploaded my items and would like to do earn some bucks but it seems my models are blocked or invisible. :) What do you need/looking for? More small items? It takes time to upload them each one by one. I would be happy if you unlock my model packs in the shop even if the shop is still beta.

Pure3d Visualizations Germany - digital essences

AAA 3D Model Shop specialized on nature and environments

Why not asking the dexsoft or ateria guys if they like to sell on your asset store too? They offer animated characters.

I did contact both of them, and even offered to convert their models for them.

It sounded like Steve was getting ready, then one day he asked me what I thought sales would be like. I honestly answered I didn't think they would be much at first, but a year from now it could be significant, and it's about getting the system in place and ready. Haven't heard anything from him since.

What I really want are the FPSC model packs. Rick is interested, but he's busy right now with their new app maker program.

Yes try Dexsoft !

They are really serious and low prices for big quality (a good bunch of models on some packs) and , one thing you don't find in all model sellersn they do LOD that are included the majority of time. They have different models themes that could really interest people also from SCI FI to Medieval.

I hope it will be a free section , caus i plan to offer some textures for example :)

Stop toying and make games

I'm working on some more packs at the minute and hope to get them uploaded soon. :)

It sounded like Steve was getting ready, then one day he asked me what I thought sales would be like. I honestly answered I didn't think they would be much at first, but a year from now it could be significant, and it's about getting the system in place and ready. Haven't heard anything from him since.

I don't understand why he didn't contact you again. Having the models on different stores and all set up for that game engine/program would be the best thing, rather than sticking to just one website.

Intel core 2 quad 6600 | Nvidia Geforce GTX460 1GB | 2GB DDR2 Ram | Windows 7.

Google Sketchup | Photoshop | Blender | UU3D | Leadwerks Engine 2.4

I have been unable to obtain sufficient items to do this properly. We only get one chance to make an impression, so I am looking for more models before it is launched.

Ah, and there was me taking all the time in the world to get a pack together as the store wasn't even open yet... :)