*new help needed*Entering Registration key

stephan360

update- when the updater finishes installing it ends with these two dialog boxes "some errors have occured.please check log for more details" & " failed to install."

im running on a new dell xps with windows 7, 2nd gen i7 core processor with nvidia GT 540.

Go here: http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/127-if-you-need-access-to-the-forum/ to enter registration key and to get access to the complete site. Then go here: http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/files/file/186-leadwerks-engine-updater/ and download the updater. Run the updater to install the SDK.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

After you ordered, there should have been a page with the installer that you can download. If you go to Account>Client Area in the menu at the top of this page, you should be able to see that page in your order history.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Occasionally the downloader can mess up one or two files. It checks the file size against what the server says it should be. Run the updater again and it will just download the files that don't match the server.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Looks like i have the engine up and running. How many desktop Icons are there because i have several and only three of the open which are the Editor, script editor and leadwerks.

When I try to open model viewer, project wizard and material editor they don't open and send a txt file onto my desktop with error messages. I am trying the updater again to see it it fills in the files that i need for these icons to work. Any other tips?

post-3081-0-01510400-1310861357_thumb.jpg

ok deleted the demo and it seems all opens up perfect. One question about frames per second. In the demo i was running about 160-200 now in the engine i start at 59fps. If i run the game it goes to about 90fps is this normal. I know it is different for everyone depending on hardware specs but is there anything i need to do to improve this? I just ask because starting at 59 just adding terrain and a few objects i see large decreases. thanks

ok deleted the demo and it seems all opens up perfect. One question about frames per second. In the demo i was running about 160-200 now in the engine i start at 59fps. If i run the game it goes to about 90fps is this normal. I know it is different for everyone depending on hardware specs but is there anything i need to do to improve this? I just ask because starting at 59 just adding terrain and a few objects i see large decreases. thanks

Yes, while you are developing your scenes you can go to the toolbar in the editor and change options to speed up rendering. Tools > Options > Configuration.

You can also see interesting stats about your scene from the editor by going to Tools > Options > Display > Statistics : Select Extra.

I am not sure what your specs are, but 59 FPS is not very good rendering just a terrain. One of my scenes I am rendering over 128,000 poly including animated objects and still getting 90 FPS. You may want to check your textures and the objects you are adding to your scene. Be sure they are optimized.

What type of poly count is in the objects you are loading? I have scenes that are high poly count, but I avoid inserting the object in the scene as one object, I split my objects up to avoid high poly counts wherever possible. If your textures and lighting is great then low poly counts will render beautifully.

LE 2.43 | BlitzMax 1.42 | Windows 7 - 64 Bit

The default behavior is for vertical sync to be enabled. People were complaining about the editor using too much resources when the framerate is unlimited. You can change this in the editor settings.

I will try tweaking the settings when I get home tonight.

@DNC- my poly count is zero with no objects in my scene I just load terrain and paint it and I'm running st 59fpsI have a three week old dell xps notebook, 2nd gen i7 core processor w/turbo boost, NVIDIA gt 540.

Like Josh said, you have vertical synch enabled in the editor. So it doesn't matter if you had a computer from 10 years into the future, the fps would still be ~60fps. Go to Tools>Options to open the Options dialog. Open the Configuration tab and you can disable vertical sync.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel