What tool for C++ :

YouGroove

Thanks !

I downloaded VC ++ 2008 !

it seems to be a newer version than this one on the tutorial i followed :

tutorial

And the laststep : "Distributable Setup"

seems to not work and the project don't build if i follow them !

And the last step i don't find the "MainCRTStartup" item ?

Finally i tried to run this code :

light example

But i had a message : Engine DLL Failed

So i think something gonna wrong in Visual Studio configuration ! I think i must link the .dll somewhere ?

If someone have some tips on the setting up of VC++ on the step

"Distributable Setup"

of this tutorial it would be usefull !

tutorial

Stop toying and make games

NOTE: Use visual studio 2010 for the following reasons:

- In VS2008 SECURE_SCL is enabled by default in release builds, having a performance impact of X2 for every STL container handling.

- VS2010 has rvalue references implemented in the STL which is a pure performance boost

Now regarding your problem, you need to place the dll in your working directory. For example your bin directory, and after that you can set your working directory in your project settings.

Take in mind you don't link a dll (where you do for static libs).

Thanks a lot TheoLogic !

Ill' try that tonight.

Your VC++ 2010 arguments , should be put on the WIKI in a new VC++ 2010 setup for example (or put also in the beginnning of the tutorial ?)

This is a serious issue if it is a boost performance like that.

I've installed Visual Studio C++ 2010 !

But i've seen it is written oon the product : For evaluation purpose only !

So my question, it is limited in time , and can we sell a commercial game using it ?

I konow there is other solutions like CodeBlocks !

i have also problems running this example

tutorial

1>------ Build started: Project: test4, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

1> main.cpp

1>MSVCRT.lib(crtexew.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _WinMain@16

1>E:\LeadWerks Projects\test4\Release\test4.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I think i will try now Dev C++ !

You downloaded the wrong version of VS2010, there is a free version called VS2010 Express, which can be used also for commercial apps.

I used VS2008 and VS2010 for many years, but now I changed to Code:Blocks, because it has some benefits which are important for me:

1) Compiles faster

2) Creates faster code

3) Is closer to ANSI C++ standard than VS2010

4) Runs also on Linux and Apple

5) Easier to setup new projects, because it remembers all settings

The editor of Code::Blocks might not be in all areas as good as the VS2010 editor, but it is also better in many areas. For example it has customer keyboard coloring and multiple custom keyword sets (VS2010 has only 1 color for user keywords and only 1 set of custom keywords), and the intellisence of Code::Blocks actually makes you type less, since it suggests automatically the right class when you start to type it.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

Thanks a lot Metatron.

I followed CodeBlocks tutorial, but i have also erros ; i'm really really bad at all things related to environments setup !

CodeBlocks setup

Even i didn't understood the "distro" directory ? CodeBlocks proposes me Debug and Release directories ?

Same thing for .Dll , the tutorial say to put them on Data directory ? but how to reference this data directory from CodeBlocks ?

Well i think within 2 weeks after repeating , tryning things , perhaps i'll manage to make it work in C++ :) !

In Tutorial 04 the last example shows how gamelib's Application class switches to the data directory.

If you don't use gamelib, you can do this also manually by simply putting chdir("data"); as your first command in your program.

The idea of using a data directory keeps the exe directory clean, so it's very easy for the user to find what he has to start, because there is only one file, and it's the game.exe.

The source and distro root level directories are to keep your source code and distributable game code seperate, that way, you don't have to spend 10 hours to figure out what files your distributable game really needs, but you can simple copy the distro directory and publish it.

As for the debug and release directories, they are identical, and both point to the ../distro directory, but if you want, you can rename the output exe, for example game.exe in release and game-debug.exe in debug. The debug mode needs also a DEBUG define, but else it is identical to the release setup.

If you just follow the tutorial sharply step by step, it will work. Don't make any changes.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

A while back I switched from VS2010 to NetBeans and haven't looked back. The IntelliSense is on about the same level as VS2010 and the fact I don't have to redistribute a bulky runtime is a plus. Additionally NetBeans has native support for C++ unit tests whereas VS2010 Express does not, which was my main reason to switch.

Here's a tutorial if you please :-)

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/Documentation/LE2/tutorials/_/programming/cpp/c-netbeans-and-leadwerks-r53

Thanks a lot Roland !

I should have tried this tool before.

I installed and used LeadWerks Builder , and choosen C++, it generated the project, i build it, just after the Build, it runned fine !

Great! That was the idea when I and ZioRed made it :D

AV MX Linux

I don't find such name like : LeadWerksBuilder.exe ??

Or it is the the the ProjectWizard ?

Be sure to update to latest 2.45. Leadwerks Builder is now a part of the SDK download.

The file name is LEBuilder.exe and is in same directory as the other programs Editor.exe, MaterialEditor.exe etc....

AV MX Linux

I

don't see the codeBlocks ? perhaps it's the one named : C++ ?

Well i have C#, so i'll give a try also ! Ok C#works, i'll stay with it now !

My next difficult part will be to importt a level and fidn a simple way to manage them + gample !

I

don't see the codeBlocks ? perhaps it's the one named : C++ ?

Well i have C#, so i'll give a try also ! Ok C#works, i'll stay with it now !

My next difficult part will be to importt a level and fidn a simple way to manage them + gample !

About CodeBlocks.

When you have downloaded the zip file you have to import it into LEBuilder using Import

AV MX Linux