Leadwerks Engine 2.5 release Monday night

Josh

I have a press release going out Monday night for the release of LE 2.5. I need to get these things in order before then, or postpone the release a week.

We are switching from Project Wizard to LE Builder, but there are some problems:

1. The SDK path selection step should be removed. The SDK path should be the same directory as wherever LEBuilder is located.

2. The VB.NET and C# templates should be included in LEBuilder without having to import a new template.

3. I don't understand where the C# header files should go in the SDK directory.

Version 2.5 is up right now. You can download it and see how things are laid out, and tell me what needs to change. Thanks for your help.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I have a press release going out Monday night for the release of LE 2.5. I need to get these things in order before then, or postpone the release a week.

We are switching from Project Wizard to LE Builder, but there are some problems:

1. The SDK path selection step should be removed. The SDK path should be the same directory as wherever LEBuilder is located.

2. The VB.NET and C# templates should be included in LEBuilder without having to import a new template.

3. I don't understand where the C# header files should go in the SDK directory.

Version 2.5 is up right now. You can download it and see how things are laid out, and tell me what needs to change. Thanks for your help.

1. ZioRed has the source but I can't believe that it would be any problem

2. Told ZioRed to add them

3. I have them in <SDK>csharp/LE.NET. The source is actually not needed but are included so the users may make their own changes if the need to do so. As long as LE.NET.DLL is in the <SDK> directory all is fine.

AV MX Linux

Thanks guys for your help.

The updated evaluation kit is here:

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/files/file/232-leadwerks-engine-evaluation-kit/

I want to make sure new people who download this have a smooth experience when they create a project. I am downloading Visual C# to test it now, but if you can verify that everything works, I'd appreciated it.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Well, the VB.NET projects always come out with an 800x800 screen resolution. It appears the screen width parameter is being used for the height. I think I can fix this easily enough...

Okay, it's out. New demo is up with .NET support. There will be an increase in traffic today, so please be nice to any newbies. :)

There's a good chance you can earn a commission with this news item, so feel free to use the sharing buttons to post a URL to this page with your referral ID:

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/blog/41/entry-693-leadwerks-software-announces-net-support

We need to get the word out to the .NET community.

Thank you Josh for this update XD... the last release was freezing up all the time but 2.5 doesn't. I think it was because of my ATI card but all is good now. Cheers

STS - Scarlet Thread Studios

AKA: Engineer Ken

Fact: Game Development is hard... very bloody hard.. If you are not prepared to accept that.. Please give up now!

You probably already noticed that but I think the home page for Leadwerks needs to be updated as no NET support is mentioned there....

Anyway that's really great news for us NEAT developers :-)

bye

fred

Thank you for update. But since I'm spending my holidays :-) please can I read somewhere which enhancements are inside the new version? (I cannot download it since could be too expensive for my smartphone contract :-)

Thank you!

• 1 month later...