Version 3.0 product name

Josh

I think most l33tsp34k kids would understand it, and the smart people also, who are usually older. So only a vanishing clueless group of people wouldn't understand it, who wouldn't understand what a computer in first place is anyway ;)

Besides, if you make the 4 like a hybrid A and 4 (like the left leg of the 4 halfway more down, not touching the ground), both can be seen in it easier. Then you have both leadwerks (which you already have anyway on spot 1) and le4dwerks in google, thus doubling your site hits.

I remember you wanted to make the "WERKS" part smaller earlier too, now you have a good reason to do so (because it highlights the LE4D part), while earlier it made no sense, and just looked ugly.

There's so much good ideas in this logo (although it was my idea, but I borrowed also your ideas), that I will use it anyway in my community work, because I like multifunctional things :D

And may I add: it's just 1 letter "unrecognizable", while the human brain can recognize words with much more letter garbled, as long the first and last letter are intact. Like f|u1d, c4br0n, s3tnc1l, etc....

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

Animation is just a recorded 4D sequence, it's not realtime, like physics and interactions with other animated entities. C4D gives me the impression that it wants to look better than 3DSMax, while it's not. Le4dwerks however does it for real(time).

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

LE4DWERKS

That contains Leadwerks+Engine+4D :)

It could be even colored nicely:

LE4DWERKS

Kinda suggests you to say LE4D, doesn't it? Which again suggest to think of "lead", as in leading, not the heavy metal. Or why not also heavy metal, since it's the best music!

And there were have Engine in the word too, because LE means Leadwerks Engine, which seperates it from n00b-only game makers.

Hey thats actually pretty cool

STS - Scarlet Thread Studios

AKA: Engineer Ken

Fact: Game Development is hard... very bloody hard.. If you are not prepared to accept that.. Please give up now!

Maybe it's just because I worship John Carmack too much, but when I read "Leadwerks Engine 3 is too long" I thought to myself "Lead Tech 3"

And considering that id Tech 3 is the greatest engine ever created to play on, Lead Tech 3 with surely be the greated engine ever created to code on! :)

Speaking of Carmack worship, I bought me a DS Lite signed by him earlier this year. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

have you already changed the name legally? cause Leadwerks Corporation sounded more BA than Software....

Also if you wanna make an engine, you should come up with a new name for it...or unless the company name can fit in with the engine name..like idTECH (id Software) or CRYengine (Crytek). Epic games created the Unreal Engine... not Epic Engine or something stupid. They decided to make it sound better. Like Techland coming out with an engine called Chrome Engine. Companies tend to use their game engine name with their game products. Like CryEngine made far CRY or CRYsis...Unreal Engine made Unreal, Unreal Tournament, Unreal 2, Unreal Tournament 2003, 2004, UT3. or Techland with Chrome Engine releasing a game called Chrome.

I just think LEADWERKS should stay with corporation even if its like a one man company...lol the engine should be abbreviated as LE3, like it has been. cause the E can go for both ENGINE or EDITOR. and its looks fresh. not L3D...that just seems like Left three dead or something stupid...haha

Leadwerks Corporation FTW

Leadwerks Engine 3 FTW

the only way you wont be able to market this engine is if you use the name with a car. then you would fail at marketing games or your game engine.

always use some graphic photo or a screen shot from the engine to market.

post-312-0-53741900-1315456894_thumb.jpg

"Leadwerks Corporation"

Well this name sounds really like a big society :) using "corporation" word !

"always use some graphic photo or a screen shot from the engine to market."

I don't understand, the site have media screenshots for marketing already, and other engine like UT3 or Unity 3D and others do the same no ?

Stop toying and make games

And do yu really think when someone sees "LeadWerks Entreprise" he will imagaine that as a game engine ?

Why not Leadwerks Central Corporation Society :) ?

I think the most important will be also the marketing on the site and by the games that will be made on mobile platforms !

Showing a list of games published by an engine si what have a strong impact :)

Just look at the big list od games published on Apple Store with Unity 3D , or some really good commercial games made with Ogre 3D (even if it's just a graphic API and not so easy

for a non programmer) !

Stop toying and make games

When you get to version 3.142 you can call it LeadwerksPI

( PI not like Magnum PI )

Holy smokes. I wanna pre-order the collector's PI edition of Leadwerks. 8)

Intel Dual Core 3GHz / GeForce GTS 450 - 1024 MB / Driver ver 267.59 / 8 GB RAM / Win 7 - 64 bit / LE2.50 / BMAX 1.48

game producer blog - Dead Wake Zombie Game powered by Leadwerks Engine

Twitter - Unfollow me

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...