Glow Shader

L B

As used in this picture:

http://origins.muboo.net/

This was made with the GIMP "soft-glow" filter. Applies really fast, I don't see why it couldn't be real-time. Basically boosts whites and desaturates I think. Of course, in a gameplay environment, the white boost could be much lower, but I think the effect is nice.

By the way, this is not necessarily a feature request for Josh, but for anyone who enjoys GLSL. :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is nice. It reminds me of the effect when you just stabbed someone in Assassin's Creed I/II and it is glowing into the cut scene; or when you are at the loading screen and it glows and warps into the actual map.

+1 from me. Seems like it is a 25% desaturate + all-white bloom.

52t__nvidia.png nVidia 530M cpu.gif Intel Core i7 - 2.3Ghz 114229_30245_16_hardware_memory_ram_icon.png 8GB DDR3 RAM Windows7_Start.gif Windows 7 Ultimate (64x)

-----

IconVisualStudio16.png Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate google-Chrome.png Google Chrome PhotoshopLinkIndicator.png Creative Suite 5 icon28.gif FL Studio 10 MicrosoftOfficeLive.png Office 15

-----

csharp.png Expert cpp.png Professional lua_icon.png Expert BMX Programmer

-----

i-windows-live-messenger-2009.pngskype-icon16.pngaim_online.pnggmail.pngicon_48x48_prism-facebook.pngtunein-web.pngyahoo.giftwitter16.png

No, you can have the glory with this one. I am busy rehearsing a speech I have to give in about 16 hours. 5 pages, entirely from memory, and will pretty much determine my English grade.

I won't be focused on anything other than it until after school tomorrow, else I would do this shader tonight.

52t__nvidia.png nVidia 530M cpu.gif Intel Core i7 - 2.3Ghz 114229_30245_16_hardware_memory_ram_icon.png 8GB DDR3 RAM Windows7_Start.gif Windows 7 Ultimate (64x)

-----

IconVisualStudio16.png Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate google-Chrome.png Google Chrome PhotoshopLinkIndicator.png Creative Suite 5 icon28.gif FL Studio 10 MicrosoftOfficeLive.png Office 15

-----

-----

i-windows-live-messenger-2009.pngskype-icon16.pngaim_online.pnggmail.pngicon_48x48_prism-facebook.pngtunein-web.pngyahoo.giftwitter16.png

No, you can have the glory with this one. I am busy rehearsing a speech I have to give in about 16 hours. 5 pages, entirely from memory, and will pretty much determine my English grade.

I won't be focused on anything other than it until after school tomorrow, else I would do this shader tonight.

uggh... public speaking... had to take 4 public speaking classes in college... always hated that... pointless too considering I spend all my time speaking to a computer/plc... well cursing mostly.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Josh wrote in another forum entry he'll add back contrast, saturation and brightness back to the editor. The beta version had it already and you could do really nice effects with it. Its's fun too. ;)

I'm glad he listened to the requests in this case. Most games use this stuff to let the artists free hands for creating special moods without having to change the color palette of his assets. Crysis Sandbox uses around 20 settings for post-processing as far as i remember. A lot of them are not used on a regular base as far as I can tell from my work with the engine.

I think contrast, saturation, brightness is a good start.

Having values for a sepia filter with free selectable colors, maybe sharpness filtering and levels would be enough. Leadwerks got a good amount of other settings which are coming with the editor. I miss some setting to adjust/change SSAO and HDR. This is an often used setting.

For the artistic possibilities you can take a look there: http://nathan.perilith.com/~vito/wtfpoland/wtfpoland3.htm?t=65805

This shot is definitly possible with LE too: http://www6.incrysis.com/screenshots/crysis_tod_art_339kdpl.jpg

A screenshot function to render out huge screenshots would be great for presentation. They could be resized in Photoshop and you will get crisp AA like on most of these shots from the thread above.

LE could be very enhanced with small additions based on already existing features. :blink:

Pure3d Visualizations Germany - digital essences

AAA 3D Model Shop specialized on nature and environments

Maybe it's because they did the assets first handed them to a CG company for doing the jungle movie, then sit down with their programmers and develop stuff port the CG visuals into Realtime. I think its an interesting approach. You see where you have to improve your stuff.

The Jungle movie? Is that the trailer they did for Crysis?

-----

-----

-----

Yes. I've read about this ages ago in a aking off crysis or an interview. Dont remember. They talked about how they approached the visual quality they wanted to archieve in ce2.

It was very interesting to read/watch.

They used the same assets for the CG version and later on in their game demo. I think it's not difficult to have diffuse/spec/etc... maps with the models and hand them to a external CG company for using them in their video.

Would have to use the same assets to see what the rendering differences are.

And I don't think LE has everything Cry Engine does. Do we have volumetric and layer fog? Looks like the SSAO implementation is a little different as well. I haven't gotten around to filling out the paperwork to get a copy of CryEngine so I can't test for myself, but if anyone can use the same assets for a scene in both and post screenshots so we can see the difference, it would be appreciated.

Windows 7 x64 - Q6700 @ 2.66GHz - 4GB RAM - 8800 GTX

ZBrush - Blender

For terrain: parallax makes a real difference.

If you set up Crysis to medium details it looks like LE.

You can do tests with same assets. Just use the vegetation from my site and throw it into CE2 /crysis. It is made for CE2 and similar. ;)

Import some terrain texture from LE to CE2 and you hav 100% matching assets.

My final thought to the visuals are the post-processing stuff which is going to be enabled on very-high settings in CE2.

Furthermore variation is key! Most Crysis maps use 12 and up vegetation layers plus decals and over 30-50 vegetation types in one map.

I dont have all my assets ready to do a LE2 prototype because I had to do some portfolio stuff with Maxwell and needed to work on LE vegetation but I'll show some stuff soon.

For terrain: parallax makes a real difference.

If you set up Crysis to medium details it looks like LE.

You can do tests with same assets. Just use the vegetation from my site and throw it into CE2 /crysis. It is made for CE2 and similar. :)

Import some terrain texture from LE to CE2 and you hav 100% matching assets.

My final thought to the visuals are the post-processing stuff which is going to be enabled on very-high settings in CE2.

Furthermore variation is key! Most Crysis maps use 12 and up vegetation layers plus decals and over 30-50 vegetation types in one map.

I dont have all my assets ready to do a LE2 prototype because I had to do some portfolio stuff with Maxwell and needed to work on LE vegetation but I'll show some stuff soon.

Would you please make render comparisons of the same scene in LE and CE? I would love to see the difference. We could spot what's different and adapt.