[solved] a Question about Joints

AnniXa

Hi, this is my newest problem, i try it with this since like 2 days now, and i still get it not working in the way i would like have it to be.

Im not sure if i can eplain the problem, since my english is not so perfect...

How can i make a joint working so, that it affect the parent and the child in the same kind?

Its the following setup:

2 Balls (same weight, same size, all same) and a joint for them both (ball joint as my first tests).

When i now apply a force to the first ball (that passed as parent to the createjoinball function) then the second ball (child) is moved very well, like it should be i think.

But when i apply a force to the second(child) ball, the its alot differend: the first ball (parent) seems only to be affected a little bit by the child movement.

How can i reach that both balls got the exacly same behavior to each other, so that its no mather wich of this 2 balls i move?

Is this possible?

Whuts wroong?

Make 2 ball joints, one from ball 1 to ball 2 and vice versa.

I don't know if I would recommend that, although it would make the forces symmetrical. :o

Joints have a parent and child, but I don't think they should work differently, as long as they are both the same mass. You'd have to ask on the Newton Dynamics forum for more detail.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

just tried this myself and I am not noticing any difference in response depending on which body I apply the force to... do you by chance not have the joint located at a spot spaced evenly between the two bodies? maybe post some example code of your problem so others can try...

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

just tried this myself and I am not noticing any difference in response depending on which body I apply the force to... do you by chance not have the joint located at a spot spaced evenly between the two bodies? maybe post some example code of your problem so others can try...

i think the problem is, that the position of the joint is relative to the parent, so it is just not possible that it can handle them exacly same (to reach this must the joint allways be exact between the 2 bodys, but i think this is not possible since i cant change the position of the joint afterwards to set it between the 2 bodys) but maybe im wrong here, thats what i think what it could be.

Actually i use the "doppeljointball" solution and its working bether than i expected.

i try to make a code sample =)

Whuts wroong?

ah!

sorry for my late answer here, it seems that it really happend because of another issue.

i had some more joints in the "system" that made that strange behavior, well now i just use the "double joint" trick and it works exacly like i want.

Whuts wroong?