Neutrino Game Engine

Pixel Perfect

I like terrain textures, the wood wrecked platform, and texture of the simple building.

But the level is a bit empty, the ater is too transparent and clean, some bushes or other trees would be welcome to avoid too much emptyness.

Yes the overall package and textures, movement of NPC, all in motion, indeed look as great as stalker on PC smile.png

Keep it up.

I think lot of people will be able ot make such game with LE3 easyly without coding too much (NavMesh, simple AI script templates , camera movements templates , flowgraphs etc ...)

Stop toying and make games

Guest Red Ocktober
I think lot of people will be able ot make such game with LE3 easyly without coding too much (NavMesh, simple AI script templates , camera movements templates , flowgraphs etc ...)

with the current Leadwerks 3 !!??

i don't think so...

maybe in a few months... after 3 has been updated according to the roadmap... but not with todays 3

--Mike

with the current Leadwerks 3 !!??

i don't think so...

maybe in a few months... after 3 has been updated according to the roadmap... but not with todays 3

--Mike

Getting off-topic, but why wouldn't you be able to?

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Guest Red Ocktober

yeah... i really didn't wanna start a 2 vs 3 debate and take the thread off into deep space...

but to answer your question,

1- right now 3 lacks terrain features... easily circumventable, but...

2- right now there's no water blocks in 3... though again, a shader and a mesh can be used in the interim...

3- no dynamic shadows in 3... not yet...

4- no light scattering and god rays in 3... yet...

5- "terrain" vegetation would also have to be implemented in 3...

those are just a few of the visuals i think would prevent the composition of a scene similar to the one in the vid above in 3...

though a one to one comparison is really not a fair one...

--Mike

Guest Red Ocktober

yeah... mine was merely as assessment of the visuals...

the ability of 3 to implement similar gameplay elements shouldn't be any less than equal to anything available in 2... and the new built in stuff should help to implement ai behaviors much easier than in 2...

--Mike

Out of interest Josh, how does your current nav mesh implementation handle large areas like a 4096x4096 mesh and have you given much thought to how you'll implement path finding with streaming terrains?

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

I think the memory requirements would be too much at that size, but you also don't need that resolution over large spans of terrain. The best way to handle it is to have separate navmeshes that are linked together. So you would have a navmesh in one town, then just use some nodes that travel along a road to another navmesh in another town.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

That's how my current nav area system works. Is that implemented currently then, can you have multiple linked nav meshes?

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++