Texturing Changing

Spider

Hi, All

I have been trying to learn 3DSmax 2012 and I make a model in there. Then I export it to Ultimate Unwrap3D Pro to resize. then from there I covert and save it to GMF. the model looks great in 3DSmax but all the resizing I did to the textures are reset to the normal settings. I then change the settings again in Ultimate Unwrap3D Pro and it looks pertty good but not as good as it did in 3DSmax. then I export it to GMF and it is the same again with all the textures reset to the normal settings again and the model looks terrible. I have also tried to export from 3DSmax with the Leadwerks exporting tool for 3DSmax but this doesn't work either. Could you Please Help me. I would really like to go from 3DSmax to Leadwerks editor and still have the same look.

The first pic is the model in 3DSmax with everything looking good. The second pic is in Ultimate Unwrap3D Pro not looking good. The third picture is in Ultimate Unwrap3D Pro after I change everything back to look like it did in 3DSmax again. the fourth pic is in the Leadwerks editor after I save to GMF. The fifth pic is exporting with the Leadwerks tools for 3DSmax. I have tried all diffrent exports like DAE, FBX, OBJ and 3DS with the same results

post-1929-0-95653300-1321475122_thumb.png

post-1929-0-44011800-1321475148_thumb.png

post-1929-0-22208200-1321475176_thumb.png

post-1929-0-58104500-1321475202_thumb.png

post-1929-0-59070700-1321478277_thumb.png

I'd say you'll need to edit your smoothing angle in UU3D to whatever angle you've got in Max. Also,

looks like you've set your texture to repeat a certain amount in max, but your UVs are not actually

scaled to that degree on the 0-1 UV space when exported, so once they get into UU3D you'll need

to set their repeats to match what you did in Max. (I don't use Max, so sorry to not be of more help...

there may be a more elegant export option someone else can assist with)

Or perhaps an easier solution might be to use Arbuz's exporter?

;)

Vista Ultimate SP1 64bit | Q6600 2.40 GHZ | 8GB RAM | 320MB Nvidia 8800GTS

I did try ArBuz's tools that is the pic on the bottom it just hast grass texture on it. I don't think it works in 2012 of 3dsmax. also I did adjust every thing in uu3d that is another pic there and eveything looks great in uu3d then when it is exported still not right.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, All

I have been trying to learn 3DSmax 2012 and I make a model in there. Then I export it to Ultimate Unwrap3D Pro to resize. then from there I covert and save it to GMF. the model looks great in 3DSmax but all the resizing I did to the textures are reset to the normal settings. I then change the settings again in Ultimate Unwrap3D Pro and it looks pertty good but not as good as it did in 3DSmax. then I export it to GMF and it is the same again with all the textures reset to the normal settings again and the model looks terrible. I have also tried to export from 3DSmax with the Leadwerks exporting tool for 3DSmax but this doesn't work either. Could you Please Help me. I would really like to go from 3DSmax to Leadwerks editor and still have the same look.

The first pic is the model in 3DSmax with everything looking good. The second pic is in Ultimate Unwrap3D Pro not looking good. The third picture is in Ultimate Unwrap3D Pro after I change everything back to look like it did in 3DSmax again. the fourth pic is in the Leadwerks editor after I save to GMF. The fifth pic is exporting with the Leadwerks tools for 3DSmax. I have tried all diffrent exports like DAE, FBX, OBJ and 3DS with the same results

If you're exporting from 3dsmax, and need to preserve smoothing, then I recommend FBX over all other formats.

I wrote a short tutorial on how to export FBX smoothing groups from 3dsmax:

http://unwrap3d.com/u3d/quicktip_smoothing.aspx

If you don't export smoothing groups, then that's exactly what you'll get in Unwrap3D.

A model without smoothing information (picture #2).

And, if for some reason, all you have is a FBX file without smoothing information, Unwrap3D can create it for you.

Unwrap3D has a tool called AutoSmooth Faces that works similiarly like the AutoSmooth tool found in 3dsmax.

See 3D Tools -> AutoSmooth Faces.

Ultimate Unwrap 3D: http://www.unwrap3d.com

• 2 months later...
I did try ArBuz's tools that is the pic on the bottom it just hast grass texture on it. I don't think it works in 2012 of 3dsmax. also I did adjust every thing in uu3d that is another pic there and eveything looks great in uu3d then when it is exported still not right.

It works very well with max2012. I sue it with single materials an multi-mat material. Seems you did something worng with your material name. From material editor your material has to be the same name like your .mat in leadwerks.

Another thing:

I have the same problem with smoothing groups. I export with FBX2012 from 3dmax, disable export smoothing. With FBX I get face errors after the .gmf export from UU3D. Only .ase works at the moment with the mesh.

Pure3d Visualizations Germany - digital essences

AAA 3D Model Shop specialized on nature and environments