more arch-vis, more questions ;)

afecelis

Hey guys, here's my next shot at architectural visualization with LE. The previous exercise helped me a lot and saved me a lot of time and efforts, but I still got some questions. Here's a quick video from within the editor:

My question has to do with adding a waterplane. I tried adding one, but it created an infinite-sized water plane, and by checking its options there were some scale values that I tried to change to make the plane smaller but it didn't affect it. The question is: can I resize the water plane just to fill the swimming pool I got by the house?

regards, and thanks in advance for any help. :blink:

Alvaro

Win8.1 Pro X64/ Intel core I7 @ 3.5GHz / 32GB DDR3 SDRAM / GeForce GTX 660+760/ VC++ Express 2013/ Blender /Unwrap3dpro3 /Modo 8

I think you can easily use CreatePlane to make a smaller waterplane, just not sure if it will work or not.

52t__nvidia.png nVidia 530M cpu.gif Intel Core i7 - 2.3Ghz 114229_30245_16_hardware_memory_ram_icon.png 8GB DDR3 RAM Windows7_Start.gif Windows 7 Ultimate (64x)

-----

IconVisualStudio16.png Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate google-Chrome.png Google Chrome PhotoshopLinkIndicator.png Creative Suite 5 icon28.gif FL Studio 10 MicrosoftOfficeLive.png Office 15

-----

csharp.png Expert cpp.png Professional lua_icon.png Expert BMX Programmer

-----

i-windows-live-messenger-2009.pngskype-icon16.pngaim_online.pnggmail.pngicon_48x48_prism-facebook.pngtunein-web.pngyahoo.giftwitter16.png

or a precompiled water shader included in the materials could do the trick. This way all I'd do is apply it to the surface I got covering the pool :)

Adding a waterplane kinda does the trick, but I have to place it too low for it not to flood my level:

water_01.jpg

water_02.jpg

Win8.1 Pro X64/ Intel core I7 @ 3.5GHz / 32GB DDR3 SDRAM / GeForce GTX 660+760/ VC++ Express 2013/ Blender /Unwrap3dpro3 /Modo 8

Yup I know the movement is a bit weird, but with the "inertia" the cam has got in LE if I press too hard it moves way to fast, so doing the camera in these small steps kinda worked for me. :D Thoguh I know, things can always be better.

About the cam spline script, you mean I can script the path for the camera to follow, Josh? Cool, as in UT's matinee. I'll try to dig out for it among the tools. A tutorial would help too.

Yep, I do like that .. the glass is a nice touch, glass is #982 on my to do list .. so I now know who to bug when I get to it lol

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"